Any news from Baylor - anyone?? anyone?!!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if Baylor strictly adheres to the no acceptance of applicants who are holding spots at other Texas schools past June 1st? There are a few people I know from my undergrad that got off the waitlist a few weeks before Baylor started. Thanks for the info. And good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump.

Don't let this thread die out! Anything new?

Hopefully we'll start to see some action here - if anybody hears anything regarding Baylor movement (even if they are just dirty rumors) let us know. Thanks!:)

yeah, and if anyone called the office, let us know what they say, all right? thanks!

still no success stories out there, eh?:(

i got a call from melody yesterday to see if i still had an interest in baylor. i declined and withdrew my waitlist spot. but that must mean that things are happening at baylor! waitlist movement is coming....

Then there is hope still....:D

Originally posted by annagreene
i got a call from melody yesterday to see if i still had an interest in baylor. i declined and withdrew my waitlist spot. but that must mean that things are happening at baylor! waitlist movement is coming....

Congragulations on the offer (and thanks for turning it down:) ). Here's hoping that a few more SDNers will get the call.

(heart pounding fast..)

I just got a call from one of the assistants at Baylor, telling me to hold on - "one of the deans wants to speak with you."

Then she picks back up and says, "Looks like he's on the other line, I'll call you back in a few minutes."

SO now I'm stuck here wondering what this Call IS???!!!! My mind rapidly thinking about whether this is THE CALL or just something else. And if it is THE CALL would I drop my nice, comfortable spot at Maryland if this is an offer.

(My heart is still pounding fast as I wait for the return call.)
I never thought that I could get so worked up about something like this. I'm giddy like a little school girl.

I'll keep you posted.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Alright, just spoke to dean Phillips and they're just trying to get a feel for who's still interested in Baylor. :( :mad:

But... it looks like he's trying to push some people that are really interested through the door. I told that I Baylor was at the top of my list and he said that he'd push my file through to Dean Hill and try to give me a call back before the end of May.

Wazupshah,

I saw your post getting the first call when I was at work. I too, was holding my breath for you and kept on checking for your update every few minutes. I'm sorry that it was not yet "The Call", and I was disappointed along with you. :( But it's a really good sign though, keep your fingers crossed!!! :clap:

I'm rootin' for Baylor too. Have you ever sent them a letter of intent?

Good luck! :clap: :clap: :cool:
-j2

Members don't see this ad :)
It happened kids!! The unbelievable happened!!! I got another call from Dean Phillips and it was AN OFFICIAL OFFER!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

all I remember is him saying something about "....A place in the BCM class of 2007," and me just muttering "That's fantastic news!" over and over again.

~@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~

Special thankz To my people:

`Mighty :cool:
`Ms. a :)
`Dj ;)
` j2 :clap:
`Ronin :D

You Are Next My Friends. YOU're NEXT!

Congrats Wazupshah!!
I was holding my breath with jalan2 yesterday...I'm sooo happy for you!!

See you soon!
:clap: :clap:

Congrats Wazupshah!!

Keep your fingers crossed that you'll be seeing me at orientation!

Congrats Wazupshah! Wow, that's some cool news. I'm so happy for you. (I'm on vacation now and I'm still checking SDN - I think that makes me a fool but it was great to see this news). Best of luck to you and maybe, hopefully, pretty please I'll be seeing you there.

Take it easy and enjoy this great day:clap:

-mighty

CONGRATS wazupshah! :clap:
That is awesome! Time to drink it up!

Yeah!!!Congrats wazupshah!!!!I'll see you there in august!!!

Wooooo hoooooooooo!!!! Congratulations Wazupshah!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :) ;) :cool: :clap:
I'm so happy for you!!! I know you really want to attend Baylor, and you got it!!!
Now go out and celebrate!!!!

Wazupshah and Annagreene,
Had you guys ever sent Baylor any letter(s) of intent?

Congratulations, Wazupshah!!
Magnificent!!! I don't think I have a chance getting off Baylor's waitlist, but I'm glad for you. Have fun in Houston!

Thanks for the love kids!!! I'm pullin' for all of ya.
:D :D

j2- I had written to both of my interviewers expressing my sincere interest. But I never sent an official letter of intent b/c I was really comfortable with my financial situation at University of Maryland.

Ronin- I don't want to hear that kinda talk, Dawg. Keep yo' head up.

Thanks for the info, wazupshah! :)

-j2

Hey everyone!
I just wanted to say Keep your heads up! I got a call last friday so I know they aren't done yet! And the dean also mentioned that they were a bit late this year because so many people were really late in replying back to them. Good luck!

Originally posted by texasgal1112
And the dean also mentioned that they were a bit late this year because so many people were really late in replying back to them.
Thanks for the info, texasgal!! How so few words can spark so much hope... :)
Congratulations to you! :clap:

Hey everyone!
I just wanted to say Keep your heads up! I got a call last friday so I know they aren't done yet! And the dean also mentioned that they were a bit late this year because so many people were really late in replying back to them. Good luck!

Congrats on the acceptance and thanks for the info.

I tried calling admissions and asking about how the waitlist was moving along.........

Brick Wall. She wouldn't tell me a thing.
But I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm still right there with you guys. :)

Originally posted by wazupshah
I tried calling admissions and asking about how the waitlist was moving along.........

But I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm still right there with you guys. :)

At least we now have an operative on the inside - keep working the intel wazupshah;)

Originally posted by wazupshah

Thanks for lookin' out for us, Buddy. :)

Does anyone know how large this waitlist is, and if they're ranked? Judging from what I've heard from SDN that not a lot of rejections were given out to people who interviewed there, the waitlist has got to be pretty big. If they're ranked, I wonder if it's dynamic or static (once you're #X you're always #X).
At least IF I didn't have a feasible chance I'd like to know... sigh...

Hi everyone,
From what I have heard from previous years, they do have a fair amount of movement from the waitlist because they do waitlist so many applicants. Most of the students after the interview are waitlisted. FYI, the Texas residents who are already holding another Texas spot cannot get into Baylor anymore. For you out of staters, Texas medical schools, including Baylor, are required to notify you before June 1st if they are going to accept you. GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!

Hey,

I email contacted the Dean of Admissions and she was she only told me in which third of the waitlist I was in.

She stated that it was impossible to tell if I would get off the waitlist and if they did it would not be until late June or early July.

So, keep your heads up. Hopefully there will be some significant movement.

DrDRE

Hi everyone,
From what I have heard from previous years, they do have a fair amount of movement from the waitlist because they do waitlist so many applicants. Most of the students after the interview are waitlisted. FYI, the Texas residents who are already holding another Texas spot cannot get into Baylor anymore. For you out of staters, Texas medical schools, including Baylor, are required to notify you before June 1st if they are going to accept you. GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!

Sorry guys,
I meant to say that for the out of staters who don't know, Texas has a rule where all the in-state movement for applicants already holding Texas spots has to occur before June 1st. So most of the movement should be out of state or in-state people with only waitlists.
Sorry for the confusion! :)

Bump! Anything? ....