Any news from Drew?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It has been seven weeks since I interviewed at Drew and I am so anxiously waiting some news! They said that it would be about eight weeks, so I think it should be soon. Has anyone heard anything back who has interviewed in January or after? Any info would be good!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No word from me, although I interviewed in March. I hope that you hear some positive news soon. Good luck!

Has anyone emailed Wanda Hall to check their status? At my interview, she said that we could check after 5 or six weeks, but not earlier. I emailed her and she just said, "You will receive a notice in the mail." Is this standard? Did anyone get anything different? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I remember, there is a piece of paper that they gave us at the interview that said any correspondece regarding a final decision would be via postal mail, I think.

Anyone hear anything? : )

I hope you hear something soon. Good luck! Anyone else with any updates and/or information, please post here. Thanks.

i got an interview scheduled for may. anyone else scheduled for then??

Congrats on the interview scifi!

Good luck on your May interview at Drew scifi!!!!!! Drew interviews until May so congrats on getting an interview invite. If you have any questions about the interview, just PM me.

congratulations on your interview scifi! how did drew contact you? do they send an email or snail mail? thanks!

I was notified about my interview via postcard (the one that came with the secondary application). Then I scheduled an interview date via email. I hope that helps you out. Good luck!!!

does anyone know if there has been movement on drew's waitlilst. have been waitlisted since feb. still waiting to hear final status.

thanks

Alexo1 - I don't have any info on the waiting list. I interviewed over seven weeks ago, but have not heard yet. How long did it take you to hear back from them? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
alexo1, have you tried to email your interviewer from drew? maybe they might now about the waitlist and its movement. just a thought to help you out. i hope that things work out for you. good luck!!!

I interviewed in march, and i just heard that I am waitlisted.

masalaman, how did you find out you were waitlisted......did you call or email or was a letter sent to you via postal mail? also, when did you interview? i hope that things go well for you and that you get off the waitlist. good luck.

Hi Masalaman,

I interviewed on March 1 and have not heard yet. What day did you interview? Thanks for posting some news!

Fizz

yeah, I interviewed march 1 too. So I guess i'll hear from them soon?

i interviewed last week and Wanda Hall said the last 2 big interview groups were gonna be 4/23 and 5/10. they meet to review files every Wed afternoon and usually discuss 10-12 applicants per time. wanda hall is genuinely swamped and stressed out so i doubt she will be responding to status checks...she specifically told me not to bother since she is getting 70+ emails a day. as for notification...i could be wrong but i think she said she sends email and snail mail out quickly for acceptances, but WL and rejections take longer. good luck kids!

thanks mkmk for the vital information. i really appreciate as i am sure that the other applicants do too.......good luck in the process......

Originally posted by mkmk
i could be wrong but i think she said she sends email and snail mail out quickly for acceptances, but WL and rejections take longer. good luck kids!

Some people this year who were accepted found out three months later...so there is hope even if it is past the 6-8 week mark...not necessarily a waitlist or rejection. There is always that darn double-edged hope until you hear anything. Good luck everyone. Anyone who inteviews at Drew is cool.

thanks for that perspective litgirl....yeah i remember some people on sdn like UCSBPre-Med1, who waited well past the 6-8 week timetable and got an acceptance....it is definitely difficult to wait and hear from any school.....to all those waiting for news from drew, i know what it's like.....i, too, am anxiously waiting for some positive news from drew.....

to litgirl....i wish you the best in your med school endeavors and also on the nhsc....may you get an interview with the nhsc......our interview group at drew was really cool......

good luck and stay positive.....

Originally posted by litgirl
even if it is past the 6-8 week mark...not necessarily a waitlist or rejection.

sorry kids, didn't mean to make it sound like no news means bad news. i mean as soon as drew knows who's accepted...you'll know. it might not be w/in the 6 wk time frame, but they try to let the acceptees know quickly after they make the final decisions. of course since they clear it w/ UCLA and UCLA is laggin too, i would expect the wait to be long and agonizing.

i was the lone interviewee on my day and didn't really get to meet many med students and hear their opinions of the program. were they generally happy w/ their clinical experiences? particularly the teaching during the clinical years as prep for step 2 and residency match? my tour guide was pretty honest and said it's a lot of independent learning at king/drew given the limited resources of the hospital and staff. she wasn't trashing it but just saying it was hard for her learning style. anybody got any input or perspective? THANKS in advance.

mkmk,

sorry you missed out on meeting some other cool interviewees. my student guide loved her training at drew. she said that she had a lot of hands on experience, delivering babies in her third year and such. i think king would be a great place to train, especially for those who want to work in urban medicine, since it is a county hospital. all the students interviewers were awesome and loved their experiences at both ucla and drew. also, the matchlist is awesome...many matched at UCLA and for such a small program, i noticed a match at UCSF, which is fantastic.
all in all, i think the program is awesome and should we all be so lucky to be able to attend. (gah! how many times did i type awesome) best of luck

keep the news flowing guys. it's nice to have people to commisserate with.

thanks everyone for posting their news or information from drew......i am sure it helps out other applicants who are anxiously waiting to hear back from them......keep the news flowing on this thread and hopefully we hear some acceptances soon......good luck and stay positive everyone!!!!!!

I just received a letter from Drew letting me know that the status of my application was "on hold." Does anyone know what this means? Is this a nice way of rejection? Any info would be great! thanks!

Hi fitchpath,

I do not know what "hold" means for Drew, but for some of the other schools I applied to, it was like a waiting list. I was wondering what day you interviewed? I interviewed 8 weeks ago and still have not heard back. Any info would be great!
Thanks!

Fitch,

I am not sure what "on hold" means at Drew. Since you got a letter, I think you could email Dr. Miller or Wanda Hall to ask about your "on hold" status. I had a friend who applied 2 years ago and was placed in the same category. I will ask him if he knows what that means. Hope this little post helps. Has anyone else heard any news from Drew? Please continue to post your information/comments here. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

The last 2 years, people have gotten in during orientation, so it might be a while for some people before they find out if they get in.

thanks uclamendoza! I would really appreciate it if you could ask your friend if he knows what "on hold" means. In the meantime I will try emailing wanda. By the way, the "on hold" letter came pre-interview.

fitch,

your "on hold" letter came pre-interview?

yes, isn't that weird? Do you by any chance have dr. millers email address?

fitch,

i found the business card i got from dr. miller at the interview: [email protected]

my friend who got the "on hold" letter said he got it a few months after his interview and he wasn't sure what it meant but he thought it meant that no decision had been made on his file at that time......he ended up getting rejected during the summer months......

i wish i could be of more help to you fitch......your best bet would be to email dr. miller or wanda hall to ask them what the "on hold" status means.....

best of luck to you......

Good luck fitchpath!

uclamendoza- thanks for keeping up a positive vibe.

Does anyone know how many people are placed on the waiting list after the interview?

Any info is great!

no problem fizz.......any word from drew? have you contacted wanda hall to find out your current status? drop us a line here and let the forum know.....good luck and stay positive.....

that's really weird, hold pre-interview. I didn't know they were doing that. My friend also got the hold....weird. nevertheless good luck everyone.

uclamendoza - I have not heard anything yet, but will definitely post no matter the response. I did email Wanda Hall a few weeks ago and the response was that I would be notified by mail. Anyone else hear who interviewed in February or March?

does anyone know if drew has filled their class yet?

i just recieved a brochure from drew. ( i have been waitlisted since feb.) but with no accompaning letter, does anyone know what this mean and did it happen to anyone else

thanks

alexo1,

I just checked my mail and I haven't received any brochures or mail from Drew. What was the brochure about? Please post your information here when you can. Thanks and good luck!!!!

I interviewed at Drew on Jan 11th. I haven't heard anything from there yet. I'm very nervous, but still trying to remain positive about the outcome.
Hope to get good news soon. Has anyone contacted Wanda recently about their status? I'm thinking about doing that, but I don't want to bug her too much.

Hey bhambra - I posted on the other thread also, but that is an agonizing wait time. Good luck and I hope you get some good news. Have you ever emailed Wanda Hall before to check your status? If not, then I I think it is ok to email her.

Originally posted by uclamendoza
alexo1,

I just checked my mail and I haven't received any brochures or mail from Drew. What was the brochure about? Please post your information here when you can. Thanks and good luck!!!!

hi uclamendoza
the brochure was about the school i recieved 1st time i got my secondaries, it just details facts about the school, cirruculum...... i interviewed early by the way nov. and waitlisted in feb. but not heard anything till this bro. hope it is a sign

good luck

Reactions: 1 user
hi alexo1.

thanks for your quick reply back. hopefully, it's a good sign for you. i am waiting patiently to hear back from Drew and am hoping that it's good news as well. stay positive and try to keep yourself busy so you don't drive yourself crazy over it. good luck and keep the forum posted of your updates and comments.

Anyone else hear any news? Good Luck everyone!

no word yet here fizz..........hopefully with may 15th rolling around, things should move more quickly over at drew......just hoping for the best and trying to stay positive.....relax and have a good weekend.......try to get your mind off of it for a few days and just have some fun.......

does anyone know if drew is done interviewing?

fitchpitch,

someone posted that drew has one more major group to interview in may....plus, on the fact sheet given to us in both the supplemental application and on interview day, it said that Drew interviews until May. Hope this helps. Good luck.

One of my friends called and they told her they were close to finished interviewing.

I am nine weeks since my interview! Anyone hear anything who interviewed on March 1 or after?

Good luck everyone!!!