Any news from Georgetown yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theNEWgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who already interviewed. It's been quite some time, so I'm very curious to know what's the status so far ... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

When did you interview? I really would like to know too since it has been so long. Is Georgetown one of your top choices?

For those who already interviewed. It's been quite some time, so I'm very curious to know what's the status so far ... :scared:

When did you interview? I really would like to know too since it has been so long. Is Georgetown one of your top choices?

on 9/12

It would be one of my top if it weren't for the ridiculous budget, still I'm still interested as to whether I would get in or not, hahha

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you feel like your interviews went well? I really liked how everyone was really laid back and friendly, but you never know what they talk about at their committee meetings.

on 9/12

It would be one of my top if it weren't for the ridiculous budget, still I'm still interested as to whether I would get in or not, hahha

Did you feel like your interviews went well? I really liked how everyone was really laid back and friendly, but you never know what they talk about at their committee meetings.

I think that's hard to determine, however, I can't say that I had a terrible interview. My interviewer was very friendly and conversational, but the committee is something else altogether, you know.

But I've been wondering if ANYONE got ANY feedback from Gtown after their interviews yet.

The suspense is killing me, lol:laugh:

I hear ya on that. Georgetown would be an awesome place to go to school, but the problem is whether or not they will let us in. Are you from the DC area?

I think that's hard to determine, however, I can't say that I had a terrible interview. My interviewer was very friendly and conversational, but the committee is something else altogether, you know.

But I've been wondering if ANYONE got ANY feedback from Gtown after their interviews yet.

The suspense is killing me, lol:laugh:

yeah i interviewed there in early september also, i'm really excited to hear back from them, but it seems like no one has any concept of when we're supposed to be hearing back :(

ms sullivans husband is in the hospital again ... pretty serious ... i think that might be adding to the lag

hi guys, from experience expect to wait about 8 weeks to hear something. i interviewed 10/2 last year and heard back the week of thanksgiving or so. good luck!

ps. i dont really know much about what may be happening for mrs sullivan, but she doesnt actually sit on the admissions committee itself, she just does the initial reading of the apps and reccommending for interviews.

I got the good letter yesterday and I interviewed on 9/10.

ms sullivans husband is in the hospital again ... pretty serious ... i think that might be adding to the lag

I don't know where you got that, but i was there on monday for an interview and she was there, and perfectly fine.

I just banged out a letter of interest. I'll have to proofread it tomorrow. I'm so tired of waiting! :(

for those who are still waiting for a dec. I talked to them today and they will be mailing out new letters on Jan 4th... acpt, rej, amd wait good luck all

for those who are still waiting for a dec. I talked to them today and they will be mailing out new letters on Jan 4th... acpt, rej, amd wait good luck all

Is that for all December interviews? I interviewed on the 4th ;o

Is that for all December interviews? I interviewed on the 4th ;o

i think by dec. he meant "decision"

They told most groups 8 weeks so i doubt december interviewees will be getting a decision as soon as Jan 4th.

sorry yes for those who have been waiting a long time my 8 weeks was mid- Dec so I will have waited over 10 weeks because of the holidays... I interviewed mid Oct.

I wonder if all decisions are going to be delayed because of the holidays... i.e. my 8 weeks will be on Jan 7th, but do you think I will hear then or will it be a week or two late?? I hope they can get everything back on schedule.

I wonder if all decisions are going to be delayed because of the holidays... i.e. my 8 weeks will be on Jan 7th, but do you think I will hear then or will it be a week or two late?? I hope they can get everything back on schedule.

Georgetown admissions seems to have a major problem with logistics right now. I know of a few cases of them sending out notices to the wrong people. I also just got their decision letter a few days ago (sent in early December), but it was delayed a few weeks in the mail because they forgot to put the state and zip code of my address.

I'm really worried about this school right now, and hope that their lack of organization doesn't reflect the quality of the education and administration at the school.

Aghhhh I need to get my mind off this school :O