Any News from Louisville?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get through them this afternoon i tried calling multiple times over 45 min and nothing. I am trying to figure out if they are still interviewing and if they have given a second round of acceptances yet. Anyone on here know?

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn't get through them this afternoon i tried calling multiple times over 45 min and nothing. I am trying to figure out if they are still interviewing and if they have given a second round of acceptances yet. Anyone on here know?

There is a snow storm over here. The school has closed down for the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do know they are still interviewing. If you look are Predents it does not look like any new people have said they have been accepted recently. They also have a Louisville 2013 group on facebook you could see a lot of people who have been accepted and ask them when they were notified if you wish.

it is possible for those who have been accepted to see the names of people who have given their deposit to Louisville (or at least it was last year.) They can go through their blackboard accounts and find an alphabetical roster. You can watch changes in the number of people on it.

but yea....snow storm yesterday and today.. no school. i am not looking forward to the projects that were going to have to make up because of this.

it is possible for those who have been accepted to see the names of people who have given their deposit to Louisville (or at least it was last year.) They can go through their blackboard accounts and find an alphabetical roster. You can watch changes in the number of people on it.

What are you talking about here?

What are you talking about here?
you can log into blackboard and print off those who are on there and then mark them off as they disapear i'm guessing.

Anyone know when people will be notified from the "NTBC" list or around how many appiclants are on it. Does anyone know around how much of the class will be filled from this list?

Thanks

Anyone know when people will be notified from the "NTBC" list or around how many appiclants are on it. Does anyone know around how much of the class will be filled from this list?

Thanks

This is what everyone's questioning about...
Unfortunately the school doesn't realease this info I think...

From talking to the admin people it sounds like the class is almost full for out of state (over 80%) but they are only about 40% full for instate.

I do not think they selected some admissions out of NTBC List yet....

Are you sure they almost filled up 80 percent for Out of State spots??

Wow almost a full week of now school going on at louisville. I wonder if to students like extra break or if they just think about all the make up work pilling up. Hope they open on monday i would still love to hear from them.

I called Louisville in early December for a status update. They told me that Louisville will interview applicants thru mid February, if they get enough qualified applicants. I also applied to Louisville, but without an interview date set up by now, I'm not hopeful.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Louisville in early December for a status update. They told me that Louisville will interview applicants thru mid February, if they get enough qualified applicants. I also applied to Louisville, but without an interview date set up by now, I'm not hopeful.:(

I think this is where they are getting the 80% full i just wish i had an acceptance somewhere else to jump on and didn't just have to hope and wait to get in.

I think this is where they are getting the 80% full i just wish i had an acceptance somewhere else to jump on and didn't just have to hope and wait to get in.

are you on NTBC?

No i wish i was. I am still hoping for the interview and then the call. I know my chances are not good but its all i got for now anyways.

I feel your pain.....

Some more questions. Does anyone have any clue how many offers were made on Dec 1 and how many from the NTBC get selected?

I was accepted to Louisville on Dec. 1 but my top choice is OU and I haven't heard from them. I'm trying to be patient also! Pray for me getting into Oklahoma and then another spot will open at Louisville! Good luck :)

Someone is going to love me. I also was accepted on Dec.1 and paid my deposit but have decided to attend another school. To the NTBC....You're welcome. :)

Someone is going to love me. I also was accepted on Dec.1 and paid my deposit but have decided to attend another school. To the NTBC....You're welcome. :)

are you Kentucky Resident?

From talking to the admin people it sounds like the class is almost full for out of state (over 80%) but they are only about 40% full for instate.

Are those statistics based on what someone told you or are they just what you are inferring after talking to the admin?

I'm from SoCal but have been waitilisted since Dec. 5th. I really had a strong impression of the school, (small class size and friendly students) but if I am not notified by tomorrow whether it be rejection or acceptance, consider one person less on the NTBC list and I will have to send my deposit to Tufts.

I am on NTBC.. I can not wait anymore.

I heard that my complete application has been received ... thats about it. Is anyone else riding on that boat?

I'm about to withdraw my name from the NTBC list probably....I've got a kid due on 7-1

I just spoke with the admissions and they said that the NTBC people should be contacted by this Friday (2/20).

i talked to one of the admissions counselors today and she said that all of the interviews are over and that they are looking at the ntbc list now. she also said that there is no magic date or time for them to contact anyone on the list. she said that they dont consider the class roster finalized until freshman orientation starts--which is july 1. so it looks like its just hurry up and wait for all of us on the ntbc

I'm interested to know what the ratio of NTBC people to a potentially available seat is right now. It sounds like a lot... Dr. Babbage did tell me that there is usually a pretty good amount of movement with the out of state slots (i.e. potentially available seats). She said not so much for the in-staters, so next time I talk to her I'm going to try to figure out what the real odds are...

I'm interested to know what the ratio of NTBC people to a potentially available seat is right now. It sounds like a lot... Dr. Babbage did tell me that there is usually a pretty good amount of movement with the out of state slots (i.e. potentially available seats). She said not so much for the in-staters, so next time I talk to her I'm going to try to figure out what the real odds are...

Could you please please ask that ratio for me??

:scared: It is real pain to wait for no news.

Has anyone heard or contacted Louisville lately? Hadn't seen or heard of any "movement" on the lists, just curious here. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I know we all are crossing our fingers.

I emailed them last week and got a reply today...they told me that I am still on the waitlist and I can remain on the waitlist until the day of orientation.....

Wow, I am guessing the class is full and they are just waiting to see who actually comes and who pulls out.