Any news from Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc7448

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview at Maryland mid January and have yet to hear back from them. Has anybody been accepted, rejected, or wait listed recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Similar question: are they still giving out interviews?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed with them in mid-Jan and I got waitlisted last week.

The email said that their class was filled. Looking back at threads from last year, it seems like 5-6 people got off the waitlist so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

this is the worst news i could possibly get. i interviewed in november and they keep telling me to hold tight. im instate too. i only interviewed at md and temple but i interviewed at temple early march. i am doomed.

i'm in-state.

last week, the lady of office of the register said my instate classification will be evaluated within 2 weeks. what does it mean? In AADSAS, my status is 'invited for interview'. I wish have good news this month.

i'm in-state.

last week, the lady of office of the register said my instate classification will be evaluated within 2 weeks. what does it mean? In AADSAS, my status is 'invited for interview'. I wish have good news this month.

i am assuming that you are a md resident like myself. when did you interview? i guess that they look at the apps of md residents separately from out of state. maybe this is a good thing. but i can only imagine how many of us are in the same boat. :thumbdown:

Hi. I live in MD.
I interviewed in Jan.
I do not know the process but you may right.
I heard 68 instate, 62 oos.
Have you heard any news about 'your application of in state classification'?
It may good thing for me but I am not sure.
Too tired to wait a long time.
Someone got an offer late June last year.

Hi. I live in MD.
I interviewed in Jan.
I do not know the process but you may right.
I heard 68 instate, 62 oos.
Have you heard any news about 'your application of in state classification'?
It may good thing for me but I am not sure.
Too tired to wait a long time.
Someone got an offer late June last year.

my status still says invited for interview. this is enough to make me sick. have you gotten in anywhere else?

On the UMB website, "An initial determination of in-state status for admission, tuition, and charge-differential purposes will be made by the UMB Office of Records and Registration at the time a student's application for admission is under consideration. The determination made at that time, and any determination made thereafter, shall prevail for each subsequent term until the determination is successfully challenged in a timely manner."

under consideration... it gives me some hope.

How about out of staters? Have any of you been waitlisted or heard anything about the class being full?
I'm an oos applicant, interviewed mid-Jan as well.
Haven't heard a thing yet.

im oos, interviewed Feb 2nd and got waitlisted last week

this is the worst news i could possibly get. i interviewed in november and they keep telling me to hold tight. im instate too. i only interviewed at md and temple but i interviewed at temple early march. i am doomed.

Yea its getting late in the cycle, I feel like I'm pretty doomed too. Maryland was my only interview so all my eggs are in one basket. Good luck! :xf:

Sorry to hear that dude. According to the admissions directors at Maryland and Temple, their classes are full at this point. If you're on the waitlist, you'll hear sometime in April if it moves.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that dude. According to the admissions directors at Maryland and Temple, their classes are full at this point. If you're on the waitlist, you'll hear sometime in April if it moves.

dude, where did you get your info from?

I called the admissions offices.

OTE=snaggletoof;9390316]dude, where did you get your info from?[/QUOTE]

So Temple's class is full you say? No more admits (unless on waitlist)?

i had an interview a week ago and there were still seats at temple.

Temple's class is full, but the admissions director said that some people don't pay the second deposit in April, which opens up spots for waitlisted people.

Is it the same situation with Maryland? Class full and only waitlist? Good luck everyone! :xf:

Is it the same situation with Maryland? Class full and only waitlist? Good luck everyone! :xf:

Yup. Maryland's class is full. (Straight from an email from their Office of Admissions)

has anyone who is a maryland resident been changed to waitlist status?