1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

any news from NYU or Maryland?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jackbauer!, Feb 20, 2007.

1. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    interviewed at maryland on Jan 24th and NYU on Feb 2nd. No news yet....

Anybody receive anything from these schools recently? rejection, waitlist, acceptance??

i'm really starting to get anxious :scared:

jb!:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GRAD

GRAD Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I just sent in my deposit to MD last week, so im sure they are going to be sending out more acceptances soon. dont worry, and dont be afraid to call the schools and ask when acceptances will be sent out

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. t man

t man Epoxi-Lips
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    good luck, jb! ...and remember. harness good, block out bad.

[YOUTUBE]oCMOndL_Fjc[/YOUTUBE]

4. OP
    OP
    jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    hey grad.....so you decided on maryland?

usually when i call a school i get some cranky secretary that gives out no info. whatsoever on the status of my app. and/or when i will hear something. should i ask for an admissions officer or dean?

jb!:)

5. GRAD

GRAD Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    so far, yes I think MD is for me, but I am still waiting for UCSF. I loved that place, and I would just die of happiness if I got in. I think they're sending out letters this week... so im praying. but I really liked MD too. it was such a nice school. its so hard to choose! Good luck!!

6. straightchillin

Pre-Dental
    hey jb...I interviewed @ NYU with you on 2\2...I think I remember you (teacher from FL who interviewed @ MD and UF)...I was the kid who goes to UMD undergrad...I heard back from NYU a few days ago and got accepted. Hang in there...I'm sure if they weren't considering your application they would have told you flat out by now.

7. OP
    OP
    jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    thanks bud....yea that was me. i'm trying to figure out who you were (my memory sucks).

are you going to attend NYU?

congrats, jb!:)

8. straightchillin

Pre-Dental
    I'm still waiting on hearing back from UMDNJ which is my #1 choice...if I don't hear from then soon though, then I'll be sending my deposit into NYU...and if I don't get in there, then I'll def be going to NYU.

9. OP
    OP
    jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    i remember you now...don't you have the g/f that got into UMDNJ or something like that??

did you ever hear from UMD??? man, this process is a crapshoot!! jb!:)

10. rals

rals Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hey when d'you interview at UMDNJ? good luck!

11. straightchillin

Pre-Dental
    Yea...thats me....nah I still haven't heard anything from UMD, but I really would rather be in the NY\NJ area anyway. I interviewed @ UMDNJ on 1/19

12. mymouthsmells

mymouthsmells Old Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    jb, hang in there. they may be slow in getting to you as they've had to send out application packages to people accepted in the first round. Best to you.