rejections?

acceptances?

waitlist notifications?

interviews coming up?

any updates would be nice :)

May 6, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I interviewed there this week and Dr. Mejia told us that we will hear back by end of next week, maybe the week after depending on your location b/c the final decision will be sent as a snail mail. She says she would consider us as "pre-dec" interviewees. Hopefully good news is on the way!

OP
T

tooth123

10+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I interviewed there this week and Dr. Mejia told us that we will hear back by end of next week, maybe the week after depending on your location b/c the final decision will be sent as a snail mail. She says she would consider us as "pre-dec" interviewees. Hopefully good news is on the way!
if you dont mind can you tell me what your stats are?

also, when were u invited for an interview? and when was your app completed?

Jul 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I interviewed on November 29th and i got my acceptance packet on tuesday december 7th.

Jul 1, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I called today to decline my acceptance. They said that anyone declining must submit a written letter before they will process it. Just thinking this info might effect how quickly spots move on the waitlist.

Jun 18, 2010
Arizona
Status
Pre-Dental
I also interviewed at NYU this week, Dec. 6th, and was told the same thing: Everyone before Christmas break is considered as a pre-december interviewee and we will be hearing back in about a week. We were also told that if waitlisted you can express your interest in NYU to Dr. Mejia and she will try to help you out. It seemed like at this point they are interested in admitting you and they just want to make sure that you know what you're getting into and can handle it.

Jul 10, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
i received an interview conf. today by email, any advice from the ppl that went through it, on what questions to expect? or maybe a link with questions they ask?

OP
T

tooth123

10+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i received an interview conf. today by email, any advice from the ppl that went through it, on what questions to expect? or maybe a link with questions they ask?
when are the interviews being given out?

DrDDSman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Dental Student
I also interviewed at NYU this week, Dec. 6th, and was told the same thing: Everyone before Christmas break is considered as a pre-december interviewee and we will be hearing back in about a week. We were also told that if waitlisted you can express your interest in NYU to Dr. Mejia and she will try to help you out. It seemed like at this point they are interested in admitting you and they just want to make sure that you know what you're getting into and can handle it.

My interview is next week, any idea how long it would take to hear back from them? I guess its good news for them to consider it a pre-december 1 interview? For those of you who have just interviewed, have you any idea how many people have been interviewed so far, how many have been accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

May 6, 2010
Status
Dental Student

SDN interview feedback is enough, I'd say.

DrDDSman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Does anyone know if NYU has sent rejections for anyone that has interviewed prior to 12/1?

dentallover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Anyone interviewed during 12/06 - 12/10 has received an email from NYU?

Jun 18, 2010
Arizona
Status
Pre-Dental
interviewed 12/6 and haven't heard anything. anyone else heard back yet??

Pennywisdom

10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
interviewed 12/6 and haven't heard anything. anyone else heard back yet??
Well, you just had your interview. You will not hear back until January because NYU is waiting for those who were accepted on the first week of December (those accepted w/ a pre-dec interview) to submit their deposits.

Jun 18, 2010
Arizona
Status
Pre-Dental
actually Dr. Mejia told us that everyone who interviewed before Christmas break will be considered a pre-december interviewer and we will be hearing back in a week.

May 6, 2010
Status
Dental Student
actually Dr. Mejia told us that everyone who interviewed before Christmas break will be considered a pre-december interviewer and we will be hearing back in a week.

yeah but since we have to wait on snail mail, I think we are going to hear back by the end of this week. or even early next week depending on where you are. she said the letters don't go directly into the mailbox, but to the post office so the post-marked date isn't really the date that they send it out.

Last edited:

DrDDSman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Dental Student
yeah but since we have to wait on snail mail, I think we are going to hear back by the end of this week. or even early next week depending on where you are. she said the letters don't go directly into the mailbox, but to the post office so the post-marked date isn't really the date that they send it out.
So if they are going on vacation at the end of the week, I guess people who interview this week will not have decisions until January?

dentallover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I don't know or maybe they wait till the end of this week to send all the letters from last and this week interviews. ??? How long regular mail takes to get to Miami from NY?

dctim211

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2008
Irvine, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
I had an interview at NYU this past Thursday (Dec 9th) and Dr. Mejia said that they would get their decisions out for December interviewees before they left for vacation this weekend. I'm assuming that means that most of us will probably get our decisions by snail mail early next week. Good luck everyone!

DrDDSman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Dental Student
I had an interview at NYU this past Thursday (Dec 9th) and Dr. Mejia said that they would get their decisions out for December interviewees before they left for vacation this weekend. I'm assuming that means that most of us will probably get our decisions by snail mail early next week. Good luck everyone!

I guess that will mean a quick turn around time for people who are interviewing this week (fingers crossed).

dctim, I see you have a few interviews, would you pick NYU over some of those other schools? How did you like NYU?

dctim211

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2008
Irvine, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
I guess that will mean a quick turn around time for people who are interviewing this week (fingers crossed).

dctim, I see you have a few interviews, would you pick NYU over some of those other schools? How did you like NYU?
Absolutely. Even though my visit was right in the middle of finals week, there was a really good vibe surrounding all the students (D1s & D2s studying for finals & D3/D4s in the clinics). It is obvious that NYU has the resources to support both their dental school and residency programs, not to mention plenty of the one resource that money can't buy: PATIENTS!! There were patients EVERYWHERE. There are some other factors that are probably unique to me (a lot of college friends in NY & a friend at NYU Dental) and then there's the fact that the school is in Manhattan. I was also intrigued by the research program that they have, and it gave me a sense that while they may not have the best "reputation" (as many people will say), if you are worried about their reputation because of your desire to specialize in the future, they seem to have the resources, means and faculty to help you get there.

Obviously, these are all just my observations/2cents, so I'd suggest you visit and form your own opinions. Good luck!

Oct 3, 2010
St. Peter, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
Well there will be one more spot opening up this week, keep up hope. I'll be calling to decline my acceptance.
as for stats
20AA, 20TS, 20 PAT
total gpa 3.714 sgpa was 3.75 or something close to that.

Dec 21, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Have you guys got any emails saying that your response has been mailed? I guess they send an email when your response is mailed, but nothing for me so far.