Any news from Phil. COM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DJ, Jan 17, 1999.

1. DJ

DJ Member

Hey guys,
    My file to Phil. COM is now complete and I'd like to know my chance of interview/admissions. Do I still have a legitimate shot? When is the latest that the school interviews?
    Thanks for replying.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BD

BD Member

hey DJ, PCOM interviews through may. They get over 5,000 applications,so you may have to wait awhile before you here from them about an interview or rejection. They ,typically, interview 500 applicants and accept about 325 of those interviewed. If you're interested in where you stand,in respect to MCAT scores and GPA,the average MCAT scores for the class of 2002 was just over 25 and the GPA was approximately a 3.4 for science and overall. good luck!

4. DJ

DJ Member

Thanks for the info BD. So are you going to PCOM? Stat wise, I have a good shot but timing wise, I don't know. None of the schools I talked to are willing to disclose the # of spaces that are still available.
    Just have to hope and wait.

DJ

5. ReneeWB

ReneeWB Senior Member

I applied to PCOM as well as two other DO schools last year. My applications were complete before the deadline (but it was after January 1st) and my score and GPA were well within the limits. However, I did not get interviews at any of the schools. For that matter I heard nothing from these schools after hearing that my files were complete until May or June telling me that my application had been rejected. I called one of the schools and asked what the biggest reason was that I didn't get an interview. The director of admissions pulled up my file and the first thing she said was "timing". She said it is imperative to have your application filed and complete as soon after June 1st as possible. I applied early this year(only to this one school). I did get an interview and am awaiting the outcome.

I do not say any of this to discourage you. It is possible that you may still get an interview. But it was my impression that most of the classes are filled by this point as interviews started back in the fall of last year. Good luck to you, and if things don't work out this year, don't hesitate to reapply earlier next year!