benbenxu

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
62
0
Status
They got my app from AADSAS on Jan.5, and I sent my check on Jan 20. No news at all till now. The funny is they renewed the Infosource on 11/05/04, before they got anything.

In their email, they said they don't what people to call them......

Totally in a dark room.
Just hope I did not miss anything.......like NYU, they did not tell me until I called them last week.......they want another copy of my transcript....
Such a bad luck.
 

DB#1

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
220
0
37
Burlington, ONTARIO
Status
benbenxu said:
They got my app from AADSAS on Jan.5, and I sent my check on Jan 20. No news at all till now. The funny is they renewed the Infosource on 11/05/04, before they got anything.

In their email, they said they don't what people to call them......

Totally in a dark room.
Just hope I did not miss anything.......like NYU, they did not tell me until I called them last week.......they want another copy of my transcript....
Such a bad luck.

Join the club...
They cashed my check back in November and not a word from them yet.
I have similar stats to yours, your DAT is a little higher, so, I thought I at least I deserve an interveiw.
 

fruity_trident

in lala land
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
623
0
35
96818
Status
Dentist
DB#1 said:
Join the club...
They cashed my check back in November and not a word from them yet.
moi aussi :(
(aka me too)
 
OP
B

benbenxu

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
62
0
Status
fruity_trident said:
moi aussi :(
(aka me too)
Creighton does not require an interview before any decision?
 

delicious

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
635
0
39
Status
fruity_trident said:
moi aussi :(
(aka me too)
N'attendez pas cette école; le tufts

Si vous attendez le tufts, vous étes une pomplemousse.

C. Baudelaire
 

jonhkim1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
12
0
Status
benbenxu said:
Creighton does not require an interview before any decision?
Actually, I had a same question.. They put me in the wait list, but I did not have an interview. What do you think?
 

Pikeyman

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
257
1
Status
Ben,

I think you just applied there late.

I filed AADSAS in late Sept and got my interview on 1/18. I didn't even send the fee and mandatory letter from a dentist proving 30 hours of shadowing but still got accepted in mid Feb.

When I interviewed there, their class was 80% filled. That might be the reason.

Just call them up and find out what's up.
 
OP
B

benbenxu

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
62
0
Status
Pikeyman said:
Ben,

I think you just applied there late.

I filed AADSAS in late Sept and got my interview on 1/18. I didn't even send the fee and mandatory letter from a dentist proving 30 hours of shadowing but still got accepted in mid Feb.

When I interviewed there, their class was 80% filled. That might be the reason.

Just call them up and find out what's up.
Thank you very much.
I just sent the supplimentary form 1 week ago, bonehead I am, just because I do't know how to answer "why creighton"............and from infosource, AADSAS has not sent my updates to them yet.....
They cashed my check a couple days ago...
 

EVN3331

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
81
0
Visit site
Status
benbenxu said:
Thank you very much.
I just sent the supplimentary form 1 week ago, bonehead I am, just because I do't know how to answer "why creighton"............and from infosource, AADSAS has not sent my updates to them yet.....
They cashed my check a couple days ago...

Were you talking about Tufts or Creighton?
 

EVN3331

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
81
0
Visit site
Status
usdental said:
EVN3331- have you gotten your acceptance to Tufts? when was your interview?

I interviewed 2-3 weeks ago and havent heard yet. Did you interview recently?
 

lake04

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2004
94
0
Status
Bickle: I'm assuming that the interviews coming up are for the alternate list, right? When you say that a new batch of interviews are happening next week...do you mean will be sent out/invitations, or interviews conducted? How long into march will they continue to conduct interviews?

thanx!
 

Bickle

future NYC taxi driver
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2003
2,019
0
red sox nation
Visit site
Status
lake04 said:
Bickle: I'm assuming that the interviews coming up are for the alternate list, right? When you say that a new batch of interviews are happening next week...do you mean will be sent out/invitations, or interviews conducted? How long into march will they continue to conduct interviews?

thanx!

hey lake,

I'm not sure if its for the wait list, the admin just sent us a list of people interviewing here next week, but I'm not sure what they are interviewing for (ie an open seat, or the waitlist).

How long will they be conducted?? Again, no idea, sorry!! If i had to guess, i wouldnt think they'll be going on for much longer, the group of interviews being conducted next week is a whole lot smaller than previous groups.
 
OP
B

benbenxu

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
62
0
Status
EVN3331 said:
Were you talking about Tufts or Creighton?
Sorry, I was talking about Creighton. I applied both, and no news from them.
Bad sign.....
 
OP
B

benbenxu

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
62
0
Status
Bickle said:
hey lake,

I'm not sure if its for the wait list, the admin just sent us a list of people interviewing here next week, but I'm not sure what they are interviewing for (ie an open seat, or the waitlist).

How long will they be conducted?? Again, no idea, sorry!! If i had to guess, i wouldnt think they'll be going on for much longer, the group of interviews being conducted next week is a whole lot smaller than previous groups.
I still did not get the invitation from Tufts, that means....... :(
Do you think I can call them and ask what happened?
In their email, they said they don't want to be called.....
 

Bickle

future NYC taxi driver
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2003
2,019
0
red sox nation
Visit site
Status
benbenxu said:
I still did not get the invitation from Tufts, that means....... :(
Do you think I can call them and ask what happened?
In their email, they said they don't want to be called.....

If i were you, I'd email and call them. Who cares if they say no phone calls, make the secretaries earn their paychecks.
 

gummylips

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
7
0
Status
I interviewed at Tufts a couple of weeks ago and here is what they told us:

When all is said and done, they will have received about 3000 apps. At the time (March 1st) they had already interviewed 500-600 candidates and accepted 480 or so. The class size will be 150 and they were at, and I quote, "hovering at 145-150". What does this mean?

Chances are more likely that you will be wait listed than accepted. But an acceptance is not out of the question. They also told us that they expected to continue interviewing through March (minus one week they take off for spring break) and possibly into the first week of April.
 

EVN3331

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
81
0
Visit site
Status
gummylips said:
I interviewed at Tufts a couple of weeks ago and here is what they told us:

When all is said and done, they will have received about 3000 apps. At the time (March 1st) they had already interviewed 500-600 candidates and accepted 480 or so. The class size will be 150 and they were at, and I quote, "hovering at 145-150". What does this mean?

Chances are more likely that you will be wait listed than accepted. But an acceptance is not out of the question. They also told us that they expected to continue interviewing through March (minus one week they take off for spring break) and possibly into the first week of April.


Well of course every single person that has put a deposit to the school will not end up going there. So will they over accept a few people or just take people off the waitlist?
 

el918

New Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
3
0
Status
Bickle said:
hey lake,

I'm not sure if its for the wait list, the admin just sent us a list of people interviewing here next week, but I'm not sure what they are interviewing for (ie an open seat, or the waitlist).

How long will they be conducted?? Again, no idea, sorry!! If i had to guess, i wouldnt think they'll be going on for much longer, the group of interviews being conducted next week is a whole lot smaller than previous groups.
Does anyone know the chances of them taking people from the waitlist?