any news from U of Cincy?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hollynbaby

golfer-in-training! ;)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has any body heard anything info about U Cincinnati's decision?

I'm going crazy-mad waiting!! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I have not heard anything since about beginning to mid-March, when they sent me something saying that I needed to send in some mid-term reports. They said in that letter that final decisions would be mailed out around the second week of May!

Members don't see this ad :)
chmunr2 said:
Hey! I have not heard anything since about beginning to mid-March, when they sent me something saying that I needed to send in some mid-term reports. They said in that letter that final decisions would be mailed out around the second week of May!

Same here. Still waiting.

i heard they were sending them out by the end of april, and people should know the first week of may. i HATE waiting this long!!!!!! :eek:

Yeah I know! I interviewed in January and I am going crazy, so I can't imagine the people that interviewed in like October, November, and December! Do you know if they have accepted anyone? Because I was kinda under the impression that they had.....and that they had us get the midterm reports so that as people declined them and spots opened up once again, that we would be further considered.....does anyone know if this is true? :confused:

chmunr2 said:
Do you know if they have accepted anyone? Because I was kinda under the impression that they had.....and that they had us get the midterm reports so that as people declined them and spots opened up once again, that we would be further considered.....does anyone know if this is true? :confused:

From what I was told by my interviewer and a friend already in the program there, they only accept 10-15 people prior to the May decision. My interviewer told me that these are the super-super-outstanding people. As far as the midterm reports go, not everyone I know got a letter requesting info like that. I don't think that the majority of people have heard anything from UC, and I called down there on Monday and talked to Andrew and he said the letters were to be sent out by the end of the month (as in, like Friday!!!!) I'm so nervous!!! Did you apply to other schools? What were your scores like?

calrx said:
Same here. Still waiting.

Seems like you already have your school picked out. Why even wait for UC's decision? Let some of the rest of us have our chance! :p

hey hollynbaby! Oh I didn't know that they accepted that few people in that round, I figured that we were just the people waiting for the spots that people declined, so that's really good news! Oh, so you don't think that terribly many people got the letter requesting a midterm report? So do you think that might put us at an advantage because we did? I hope so! Or maybe it's a bad thing.....? :scared: :D Well, I applied to UC and UK, I am on the alternate list at UK.....I applied two other places but I don't really count them because I applied sooo late that I really didn't even have a chance at either one, not the best decision I have made lately! :rolleyes: What about you, did you apply anywhere else? Well, I got a 78 on the PCAT and a 3.339 GPA so far, nothing too spectacular, what about you? Wow, I didn't know they were getting ready to send the letters out so soon, that's exciting! :D Hopefully we will both know by sometime next week..... :)

chmunr2 said:
hey hollynbaby! Oh I didn't know that they accepted that few people in that round, I figured that we were just the people waiting for the spots that people declined, so that's really good news! Oh, so you don't think that terribly many people got the letter requesting a midterm report? So do you think that might put us at an advantage because we did? I hope so! Or maybe it's a bad thing.....? :scared: :D Well, I applied to UC and UK, I am on the alternate list at UK.....I applied two other places but I don't really count them because I applied sooo late that I really didn't even have a chance at either one, not the best decision I have made lately! :rolleyes: What about you, did you apply anywhere else? Well, I got a 78 on the PCAT and a 3.339 GPA so far, nothing too spectacular, what about you? Wow, I didn't know they were getting ready to send the letters out so soon, that's exciting! :D Hopefully we will both know by sometime next week..... :)

hey chmunr2! as far as i know, UC doesn't really have "rounds." Mind you, all of this information might not be the truth, but most of it came from Andrew Vogel at UC, as well as the professor I interviewed with. A girlfriend of mine told me what happened as far as last year's cycle. I was under the impression that only a few people got acceptances prior to May (like 10-15) and the rest found out at the same time. Well, i scored 88 on the PCAT (took it in jan)...so we'll see how it turns out!

I had an interview on Dec.,22. I got my acceptance letter in the mid of March.

Strelka said:
I had an interview on Dec.,22. I got my acceptance letter in the mid of March.

wow, lucky you! do you know if my advice above is UC's general formula for acceptance?

hollynbaby said:
Seems like you already have your school picked out. Why even wait for UC's decision? Let some of the rest of us have our chance! :p

Ahhh, it would drive me crazy if I never found out! I just wanna know, either way. I interviewed on December 12th so I've definitely been waiting FOREVER! When I interviewed I had a 3.27 GPA and a 66% on the PCAT, but I took the January PCAT and ended up with an 84%. Guess we'll just have to wait and see... good luck... is UC your 1st choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
calrx said:
Ahhh, it would drive me crazy if I never found out! I just wanna know, either way. I interviewed on December 12th so I've definitely been waiting FOREVER! When I interviewed I had a 3.27 GPA and a 66% on the PCAT, but I took the January PCAT and ended up with an 84%. Guess we'll just have to wait and see... good luck... is UC your 1st choice?

UC is the only school I applied to.

So Hollynbaby, you said that you also got that request for a mid-term report also>? I was just wondering your opinion on that, whether you thought it was a good or a bad sign? Like, maybe they only sent that to make sure we were "up to par" with the other applicants? Or maybe it's a good sign.....I don't know, I don't mean to overanalyze anything, I am just getting really anxious! :scared:

chmunr2 said:
So Hollynbaby, you said that you also got that request for a mid-term report also>? I was just wondering your opinion on that, whether you thought it was a good or a bad sign? Like, maybe they only sent that to make sure we were "up to par" with the other applicants? Or maybe it's a good sign.....I don't know, I don't mean to overanalyze anything, I am just getting really anxious! :scared:

hi chmurnr...I took it as a good sign, because I think it was worded something like that I was still being considered for admission. I took that as, we want to see what you've been up to, to make our final decision. I thought I was still in contention for admission, but the more I think about, I DUNNO! did you apply newhere else?

Haha yeah I know, I can't figure it out either! I applied to UK as well, but I am on the alternate list there, and I don't really see getting in there off of that, so I guess Cincinnati is kind of my last hope for this year.....I applied to UK because it is my in-state school, but I really, really liked Cincinnati! Haha I have just been racking my brain trying to decide if that letter was a good or a bad thing.....haha like either they are still considering us for admission strongly and they simply wanted to make sure that we were still on the right track before admitting us, or they weren't too crazy about our GPA's and they wanted to see if we were going to bring them up? Haha, I just have no idea at this point.....AHHH! :rolleyes:

chmunr2 said:
Haha yeah I know, I can't figure it out either! I applied to UK as well, but I am on the alternate list there, and I don't really see getting in there off of that, so I guess Cincinnati is kind of my last hope for this year.....I applied to UK because it is my in-state school, but I really, really liked Cincinnati! Haha I have just been racking my brain trying to decide if that letter was a good or a bad thing.....haha like either they are still considering us for admission strongly and they simply wanted to make sure that we were still on the right track before admitting us, or they weren't too crazy about our GPA's and they wanted to see if we were going to bring them up? Haha, I just have no idea at this point.....AHHH! :rolleyes:

good news...i just called down there and they are folding them as we speak and putting them in the mail TODAY!!!!! :laugh: :luck: :D :cool:

Oh wow, that is good news! :D Hopefully I will have mine by Monday or Tuesday, since I live only about 2 hours from Cincinnati! Well, good luck, and let me know how it turns out for you! :)

Hollynbaby, I did mean to ask you another question.....on the UC website, when you go look at their course schedule for the professional pharmacy courses, they have this at the bottom:
"Remember, in addition to the required courses shown, you must also complete a total of 36 quarter hours of general education electives and 13 quarter hours of professional Pharmacy electives to satisfy the entry-level Doctor of Pharmacy requirements."
I was just wondering if you knew whether this included some prerequisites that we have already taken, or if it is completely new classes that we have to take? :scared: I mean, I know that the professional Pharmacy electives are obviously something we would have to take, but what about the general education electives? Surely that's got to include something that we have already taken, because if not when would we fit all of those in? Haha, I just couldn't find any more specific information on the site as to what those might be, so I thought that I would see if you knew anything about that! I will call the school at some point to ask, but I didn't want to bother them right now as I am sure they are busy with the letters, so I thought I would wait on calling! Thanks!

hollynbaby said:
wow, lucky you! do you know if my advice above is UC's general formula for acceptance?

I don't actually know, how it works, but I heard from UC's students that first round of acceptance sent by April.
Also on my transcript it said that 18 quarter hours of gen. education required for admission and 36 for graduation. So if you have only 18, you need finish another 18 plus 13 pharmacy elective. 13 pharmacy elective everyone needs to take.

Thank you for congrats. I applied only to UC and I was crazy while waiting for this letter in the small envelope :)

So your acceptance letter came in a small envelope? Because everyone always tells me that acceptance letters come in big, thick envelopes and rejections come in small, thin envelopes.....haha, I guess it isn't the same everywhere!

chmunr2 said:
So your acceptance letter came in a small envelope? Because everyone always tells me that acceptance letters come in big, thick envelopes and rejections come in small, thin envelopes.....haha, I guess it isn't the same everywhere!

yes, it was a small envelope with acceptance letter and some paperwork. :p

chmunr2 said:

i don't know about you but i'm like physically sick to my stomach waiting for that letter... i couldn't sleep at all last night and i just keep thinking about it.... :eek:

Haha, I know what you mean, Hollynbaby! Now that I know it's coming.....I can hardly stand the anticipation! And even worse, it is getting sent to my home address, and I am still up here at school, so i won't be there until Tuesday night very very late, so I can't even go check my mail box! :eek: Haha, but now I guess I know not to automatically panic if it is just a small envelope.....

chmunr2 said:
Haha, I know what you mean, Hollynbaby! Now that I know it's coming.....I can hardly stand the anticipation! And even worse, it is getting sent to my home address, and I am still up here at school, so i won't be there until Tuesday night very very late, so I can't even go check my mail box! :eek: Haha, but now I guess I know not to automatically panic if it is just a small envelope.....

mine is going to my home too. but i live w/ my parents when i'm not at school so they get the mail and will keep me updated. do you have anyone that can check your mail? where do you go to school? and are you from cincy?

Yeah, my mom will be able to check the mail for me, I suppose she could always keep me posted.....but I will have to wait until she gets home every night to know if I got it or not! Well, I am in Lexington right now, I go to school at UK, so I am not in Cincinnati, what about you, are you in Cincinnati?

chmunr2 said:
Yeah, my mom will be able to check the mail for me, I suppose she could always keep me posted.....but I will have to wait until she gets home every night to know if I got it or not! Well, I am in Lexington right now, I go to school at UK, so I am not in Cincinnati, what about you, are you in Cincinnati?

no, not currently in cincy, but my home is there. just don't go to school there...!

the letters are out!!!!! good news should soon be near for most of those waiting word.......... small envelope, some form to fill out and a brief CONGRATULATIONS!! cover letter. i seriously would have gone completely crazy without SDN and give hardy thanks to all posters. this is proof that hard work does indeed pay off and the profession is lucky to have us as concerned participants. i cant stop smiling... or is it the champagne?????????

Yay!! I just got an acceptance letter today:D

calrx said:
Yay!! I just got an acceptance letter today:D
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I always knew they will accept you. Are you going to Cincy? Good Job!!!!!!!!!

Hey, for all of you guys that got accepted, I was just wondering when you have to respond and tell them that you are coming and send your deposit and such? I just wondered, because I got on the alternate list and I figured at that point there may be people deciding not to go.....

chmunr2 said:
Hey, for all of you guys that got accepted, I was just wondering when you have to respond and tell them that you are coming and send your deposit and such? I just wondered, because I got on the alternate list and I figured at that point there may be people deciding not to go.....

may 10

chmunr2 said:

what #are you?

I am number 20 :( I am afraid my chances are probably not too good at this point.....Guess I will just hope that people got in other places and decide not to go..... ;) Did you get in, Hollynbaby? Congratulations if you did! :D

chmunr2 said:
I am number 20 :( I am afraid my chances are probably not too good at this point.....Guess I will just hope that people got in other places and decide not to go..... ;) Did you get in, Hollynbaby? Congratulations if you did! :D
you have a chance to get in. Just keep positive. I heard that if you in 20, you have a chance. Good luck

Well, thank you for saying that, I hope that it is true, I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed! :) Did you get in? If so, then congratulations! :D Also, if you did get in, then what kinda deposit are they asking.....I just wondered, in case I do get in so I would know what to expect! Thanks!