Any news from Upenn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dj magic k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Has anyone here had interviews from Upenn in the second round? If so, how did they go?

Has anyone been accepted in the second round?

Members don't see this ad.

I am wait-listed...I got an letter last Saturday..I also wonder how many people have been accepted after Jan 15.

I have two friends that are waiting to hear second round, and they haven't heard anything. I guess they just haven't gotten to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
my friend calls there occasionally only to hear something completely different every time he calls. good luck getting a straight answer from them.

I was waitlisted on Dec 3....still haven't heard anything yet...anyone else?

I just got an interview invite today. Not sure if I'll go though - I want to do general dentistry (maybe specialize) and it seems Temple and UMDNJ are much cheaper with better clinical . . . any thoughts?

I just got an interview invite today. Not sure if I'll go though - I want to do general dentistry (maybe specialize) and it seems Temple and UMDNJ are much cheaper with better clinical . . . any thoughts?

Hey curiosteph amazing stats, when did u apply?

I applied late - November. I was waiting on a rec which didn't come in until then. I'm lucky to be getting some invites this late in the game!

I was accepted on December 1st, but my deadline was extended. Unless I end up with a Dean's Scholarship, there will probably be another seat opening up for you guys in another week or so.

I was accepted on December 1st, but my deadline was extended. Unless I end up with a Dean's Scholarship, there will probably be another seat opening up for you guys in another week or so.

same here

Hey,
I got an acceptance last week. I interviewed mid-November. I already withdrew my acceptance though, so there's another spot!

is it even possible to get the deans scholarship and get off the waitlisting list at the same time????? :confused:

I applied late - November. I was waiting on a rec which didn't come in until then. I'm lucky to be getting some invites this late in the game!

yea me too, except for me it was the transcripts that held me up.

I have two friends that are waiting to hear second round, and they haven't heard anything. I guess they just haven't gotten to it.

I happen to be one of my two friends that was waiting to hear from Penn second round..... and I got an acceptance on Jan.28th. Which happens to be my birthday. I have til the 15th of february to respond.

I happen to be one of my two friends that was waiting to hear from Penn second round..... and I got an acceptance on Jan.28th. Which happens to be my birthday. I have til the 15th of february to respond.

Dude. Tim. Are you coming to Penn?

I don't think you will be able to pick up a Dean's Scholarship and an acceptance at the same time. They rank their accepted students in order of priority then pass scholarships down the list as they are declined. So they would most likely give one to a student they have already accepted as opposed to someone still waiting for a response. I'm hoping one falls in my lap, but it's probably doubtful with how competitive it is.