Any News of the NEW DENTAL SCHOOL opening in Arizona in 2008?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Almaz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Does anyone know and information of the new dental school opening in 2008 in Arizona? Is there a website to their school, certain academic requirements and GPA? All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting how they require anatomy and microbiology, both with lab. Very rare requirement among dental schools.

I heard that Western is going to have a dental school in 2010. Is that true?

AZ really doesnt need any more dentists! Why are they building schools here?

On a positive note....the location is awesome and everything around it will be new....

I hope CO and CA don't all of a sudden want their water back.....AZ is going to be in BIG trouble

The new school that is supposedly opening in 2008 has not had an accreditation visit yet from the ADA, and to my knowledge does not have one scheduled (at least according to the latest info available from the ADA website).

They need that initial visit to receive initial accreditation and begin processing applications. As of March 07, they did not have that accreditation visit scheduled with CODA.

The new school that is supposedly opening in 2008 has not had an accreditation visit yet from the ADA, and to my knowledge does not have one scheduled (at least according to the latest info available from the ADA website).

They need that initial visit to receive initial accreditation and begin processing applications. As of March 07, they did not have that accreditation visit scheduled with CODA.

Why do they need initial accreditation just to process apps? I can see where they'd want accreditation to offer seats to students, but to process apps? Their website says they expect to receive initial accred. in Jan '08. If they don't process apps until then, they may as well not open until '09. I went to the CODA site and couldn't find any info on this topic.

Well the deal with Western in California is as real as it could get. How many students they will take, only G-d knows. It is frustrating. I mean the last thing Cali needs is more dentists. We already have five dental schools and I can't believe the opening of a SIXTH one. Anyway, we'll have to see how it turns out. It's scheduled to open in 2009 or 10 depending how fast they get things up. The dean is the former dean of west virginia so...