any news on these waitlists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annabanana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking through threads as a guest for a couple of weeks on here but can't find information on all of the waitlists that I am on. Here is what I know for each waitlist, please post any additional info that you have or any suggestions you have for getting off the waitlist at these schools. I foolishly took the August MCAT and applied late this year, and I think this was the problem. well here goes:

Arizona: I received my waitlist letter in late March and proceeded to lose it under all of the rubble at my parent's house. I know the waitlist is ranked, but don't remember if the waitlist letter gave numerical rank. Does anyone know how far they are into the waitlist at this point?

OHSU: Another ranked waitlist, waitlist letter also lost at parents' house. I remember my rank being 30-something for some reason, but may be wrong. I read that those ranked 1-50 have a good chance, but last year they only got into the 20's. Has anyone heard anything?

USC: have not heard a word from them since May; any movement recently?

Temple: probable category, have heard there is no movement expected until late July. anyone else?

UVM: I am in the top 1/3, but there has been very slow movement according to what I read on here.

SLU: put on the alternate list in June, no information about rank is given to candidates.

thanks for any info:)

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a great chance of getting in somewhere..the odds are in your favor w/ 6 waitlists!

You'll probably get into Temple before late August (as will everyone in the probable list)....I was accepted on June 25th from the probable list, but I'll be declining my acceptance this week...hopefully that will open up another spot, since they said they were over-subscribed on June 24th. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the other schools (UVM's movement may be faster than what's posted on SDN)....who knows? Last year everyone in the top third got in.

I think it always helps to continuously write letters of interest (and a letter of intent to your top choice).

Best of luck!

(and welcome to sdn! :D)

Hi, I got a call from USC two days ago but declined the offer. These waitlists really do go on and on I guess. Best Wishes!

Members don't see this ad :)
and SLU should be moving too..I think Amma just heard. Email them..it maybe better then calling..since they can be a bit abrupt on the phone.

good luck..6 waitlists= at least one acceptance soon!:)

thanks guys for the encouragement! I am particularly happy to hear about the USC waitlist movement. USC, OHSU, and Arizona are all kind of tied for my top choice but I would be happy to go anywhere. Oh, well, at least if I have to reapply I can get good advice from SDN!:) let me know if there is any more news..