Any non-August MCATers still getting interview invitations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pwrpfgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK after my third rejection in the last week, I'm starting to NOT want to check my mail anymore. :( It seems like its only bad news in there. The sad part is that all three were schools that I really thought I had a good chance at. I'm trying soooooo hard not to get to down, but with rumors that some schools have filled interview slots into February already, I'm getting nervous. Please give me some hope that schools are still looking at April (or earlier) MCATers. please :(

Members don't see this ad.

April MCATer. 27Q. 8 rejections. 14 more to go. No interviews.

**sigh**

hi you guys,
i'm sure everyone will tell you this, but do not fret. i know that is basically impossible not to do but be assured that interview invitations are not over and done with, not by a long shot. i just got 2 new ones last week and am a non-august mcater, and one was from a school that i had heard was done interviewing. so don't believe everything you hear. until you have a rejection letter in hand your application is still being considered and you still have that many interview chances. i have a friend who last year didn't get an interview request to her top choice school until april and was accepted 2 weeks later. keep your chins up.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi you guys,
i'm sure everyone will tell you this, but do not fret. i know that is basically impossible not to do but be assured that interview invitations are not over and done with, not by a long shot. i just got 2 new ones last week and am a non-august mcater, and one was from a school that i had heard was done interviewing. so don't believe everything you hear. until you have a rejection letter in hand your application is still being considered and you still have that many interview chances. i have a friend who last year didn't get an interview request to her top choice school until april and was accepted 2 weeks later. keep your chins up.

p.s. it was a good (top 15) school.

thanks for the words of encouragement gogiants, it does help to know that it's not too late (and congratulations on your interviews!!). i don't know anyone applying (besides SDNers) so i get depressed when i read about all of the acceptances already. but then i remind myself that SDNers are an overachieving bunch - but then i get home and I get rejections from schools at which my numbers are average! what a roller coaster.

tweetie, you and i have similar sad statistics - i have 7 rejections, 14 more to go, but i do feel very lucky that i have one interview (thank you NYMC!!). i wasn't that nervous about it before, but now that it's my only one, i'm starting to worry that i'm going to completely screw it up - like start to stutter and drool and completely blank out when i'm supposed to tell them about myself...

ok, must think positive .... anyone else with recent interview invites and less recent MCAT scores??

April Mcat...no interviews, no pre-secondary rejections. AMCAS in august and I only turned my secondaries in hmmm..end of October? I was feeling rather insecure, making it hard to sell myself on those essays. But I got over it and wrote up some great stuff.

I only applied to 7 schools and I wish could have done more.

It's still early :)

I feel ya pwrpfgrl. I don't really have any other pre-meds to talk to accept those here and I'm so glad I found the site. Trying not to be bummed. :rolleyes: