Any Nontraditional or Old Premeds from Baltimore or Phily area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMTB2MD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any nontraditional students from the Baltimore or Philly area out there? We should all get together sometime. It is difficult being an older nontraditional student. Everyone around you thinks your dream is crazy and it is nice having a support network with people that share the same aspirations. Maybe we can all meetup in Philly or Baltimore depending on how many people are from the area.

thx

Ken

Members don't see this ad.

Cool yah i'm 29 nontrad. Does that count?
Philly.

25. Non trad. Philly. You're not a serial killer are you? You are not getting my credit card number either!!!!!!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
27, Nontrad, Baltimore. I could definitely stand to meet some other folks who did something else before medical school.

26, non-trad in Baltimore. Don't know if I trust Philly non-trads....

Also, LadyWolverine, your clown is really creeping me out

26, non-trad in Baltimore. Don't know if I trust Philly non-trads....

Also, LadyWolverine, your clown is really creeping me out

Philly non-trad's are not to be trusted. We're a surly bunch.

Grrr!!!!

:smuggrin:

25. Non trad. Philly. You're not a serial killer are you? You are not getting my credit card number either!!!!!!:laugh:

Seriously it had to be asked.

Are you Temple U.? If not, as you were.
I SAID AS YOU WERE!!!!

...see? Surly.:smuggrin:

Does DC count? I'm not sure I want to get into the middle of this B-more...philly rumble.

Does DC count? I'm not sure I want to get into the middle of this B-more...philly rumble.

I personally have a soft spot for DC because I went to Georgetown; however, many of my fellow Bawlmurians do not care for you elitist, latte-sipping Washingtonians with your collar-popping and your entire-word's-syllables-pronouncing.

(not necessarily you, jtsai. but, probably)

(Also, the Nats suck. True, the Orioles also suck. But the Nats suck more)

27, Nontrad, Baltimore. I could definitely stand to meet some other folks who did something else before medical school.

Im a "nontrad" from Baltimore as well.....maybe I'll see you in the fall

Ha...ha...Zeff. I dont think I am elitist...but I do enjoy the occassional latte, and if I dont pronounce entire word syllables, how would people know what I am saying. btw, i dont pop my collar...not many women do.

(Nats do suck...but we will have a pretty stadium to suck in)

Ha...ha...Zeff. I dont think I am elitist...but I do enjoy the occassional latte, and if I dont pronounce entire word syllables, how would people know what I am saying. btw, i dont pop my collar...not many women do.

(Nats do suck...but we will have a pretty stadium to suck in)

I'm gonna have to go and disagree with you there jtsai; I spent the better part of the last two years back at Georgetown doing my post-bacc and working as a student program director, and girls-walking-around-with-collars-popped is rampant on campus. As a child of the 80's, I find this usurption of our signature fashion trend unconscionable. I am glad to hear that this has not reached your corner of the capital though

I do agree that the new baseball stadium looks like it will be beautiful

25 male non-trad
Phila

Enjoy long walks on the beach, seeing movies, and acceptance letters.

Seeking single female adcom member at any U.S. medical school (preferrably ivy league).

See my ad on Craigs list.

I'm a non-trad who lives in Newark, DE, which is in-between Philly and Baltimore. I'm pretty old compared to the rest of you so far....I'll be 36 this August.

Accepted at PCOM & VCU, and on the waitlist at Jefferson & EVMS as well. Don't really know just yet where I'll end up. Leaning toward PCOM, though, especially because I already know there will be other non-trads (30+ y.o.) in the class with me.

But I do have to say...I'm not a fan of Philly. Baltimore is a little sketchy, too, but what do I know. I'm grew up in Louisiana, so I just miss the southern hospitality from down there. Not much of that up here. Not much at all.

Anyone know where they are matriculating at this year?

Seriously it had to be asked.

Are you Temple U.? If not, as you were.
I SAID AS YOU WERE!!!!

...see? Surly.:smuggrin:

You know it. Go Owls!!!!!:thumbup:

You know it. Go Owls!!!!!:thumbup:

Hi guys... hijacking thread. I'm 26 and probably going to go to Temple. I visited for a few day when I interviewed and I thought it was fun when I went, but some people I've meet have spoken very badly about Philly. To those that live there do you have any advise?....or just ignore this off topic post.

I'm 24 Non-trad from South Jersey (like 20 minutes from Philly). I think it'd be cool to see everyone from the board. (I don't post much, but boy do I lurk)

Hi all, I'm a 28 YO non trad (hate that phrase...can you believe I used to talk about the non trads inUG who would always ask questions and make comments...I've become that woman!:eek:) in DC now but I'm from Philly by way of NY(long story). Not accepted yet, but I'm still hoping. If not I already fininshed my 2008 AMCAS sans my PS.

Zeff: The collar popping on DC campuses is OUT OF CONTROL, GTown, GWU, etc...it's like they have boards in all of their polo's and lacost shirts!

There has been sooo much trash talking ab Philly these days....sure it's rough, but that's just our way of saying welcome! :D

vixen26: in short if you don't mind driving or taking the broad st line you can live just outside of the city (Cheltenham township) in areas like elkins pk, melrose pk, cheltenham, Abington, wyncote (look on google maps). All can be accessed by broad st/old york rd (route 611). Depending on where you are it's about a 20-30 min drive in rush hour traffic (goes pretty quickly in the AM because the 3rd lane is open). You can also head towards center city but that's pretty expensive too. I don't know specifically about oncampus housing, so someone else would have to chime in or look at some of the other threads in allo.G'Luck