1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Any Nova Students out There??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by UofM01, Dec 7, 2001.

1. UofM01

UofM01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

For anyone who is a student at Nova Southeastern Dental school. I have an interview coming up there in Early January. I have tried so hard to contact anyone that is a student there but it is very hard to get email addresses from the admissions people. If possible please email me back I would really like to talk to you about the school and any advice you have for me would be greatly appreciated. Take care and Good Luck with Finals!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UofM01

UofM01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

? anyone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. raimeedawg

raimeedawg Junior Member

Yeah, me tooooo!!! I would like to find out more info on Nova Southeastern before I buy a $500 plane ticket to go interview there. Someone reply!?!

4. UofM01

UofM01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

:eek:

5. UofM01

UofM01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Bump ;)

6. Ibis

Ibis Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm not a nova student, but hi anyways! :) :D
    Are you a U of Miami student? Just curious.

7. UofM01

UofM01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

IBIS,

Hi to you too!! :)

I am a U of Michigan graduate. How is everything going for you?? Do you live in the Florida area?

8. dutch6575

dutch6575 Junior Member

uofm01,
    do you know anything about creighton? i ve been to an interview at nova if that would help you.

9. UofM01

UofM01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have heard that Creighton has a really good program for the students in the DDS program because there are no graduate programs. This is a plus for students because any special or unique case that you may see in the clinic at any other dental school it may be shipped right off to the graduate students. Exposure is the key that IM looking for. I do not want to rely on a GPR after dental school. I really want to get the most out of the dental school that I attend.

I hope this may of helped you a bit.

I have talked to a few students that have interviewed at NOVA and they seemed like they really loved the atmosphere at the school. IM looking for a currently enrolled student there so I can get his/her opinion on the school. I guess I will just have to wait untill my interview in January.

By the way when was your interview at NOVA? Did you get accepted? I also applied to Creighton and the Dean said for me to submit my Fall grades that I just finished ASAP. I guess because they were graduate classes. Please reply and Good Luck!

10. dutch6575

dutch6575 Junior Member

i interviewed at nova in early october. i have been waitlisted there but accepted at a few other places (have narrowed choices down to UF, LSU, creighton, but am having trouble deciding). i liked nova, but my interview day there seemed to be a little short for having to fly down. the facilities are very nice and the students i talked to there seemed very happy. i dont remember how many graduates at nova tend to enroll in GPR's either. i also dont want to have to enroll in a GPR after graduating in order to be a more competent dentist. creighton seemed to me to offer the best prep for general dentistry (students had tons of clinical exp. there when i visited). i cant find much out about it though from dentists in my area and i am a little reluctant to go to nebraska for school as i dont know too much about the area. dont know if i was any help about nova, but let me know if you have any more ques that i might be able to answer.

11. UofM01

UofM01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thats kind of akward that you got into UF and waitlisted at NOVA. From what I hear UF is the harder one of the 2 to get into. Do you mind telling me your stats?? Was the interview a plus for you in your own opinion? Keep in touch.

12. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    For any of you out there, please share some thoughts on Nova's supplemental application!! I'll be getting one soon and would like to hear how much/less work it is!! Thanks a bunch!

:eek:

13. UofM01

UofM01 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Novas' Supp. Application is pretty much just a repeat of what you filled out on your original appplication. For example, Job experience, Dental office experience, Extracurricular Activities. Things of that nature. I hope this helped you a bit. :)