Any Nurses (RN's / NP's) Immigrate to Australia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C2H5OH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any of the forum participants holding a RN/NP degree immigrated to Australia?

If so, could you please share your experience and provide some guidance through the registration and licensure procedures ?

Members don't see this ad.

C2H50H,
I haven't found anything here... however there is more 'activity' on this at all nurses.com's international forum:
http://allnurses.com/forums/f123/

I glanced on there and there was recent talk (from 22AUG) from a nurse in Australia who and several students interested in moving there.... if you PM/IM that individual he/she might at least provide the Australian perspective.

Good Luck -

C2H50H,
I haven't found anything here... however there is more 'activity' on this at all nurses.com's international forum:
http://allnurses.com/forums/f123/

I glanced on there and there was recent talk (from 22AUG) from a nurse in Australia who and several students interested in moving there.... if you PM/IM that individual he/she might at least provide the Australian perspective.

Good Luck -

Thank you ... I'll check it out!

But hey ... the more first-hand experience - the better, right ? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
you cannot immigrate to a country. its emmigrate.

you cannot immigrate to a country. its emmigrate.

It is "You" not "you, you must capitilze every sentence. Also it is "it's" not "its". Ha I laugh at you lack of grammer nazi skills.

immigration
n. act of coming to a country in order to take up permanent residence, act of settling in a new country

emigration
n. act or process of leaving one's own country to settle in another

(c) English-English Dictionary

WAS I REALLY THAT WRONG?

P.S.
If I go through the process, my English skills will be tested and evaluated pretty thoroughly ... but this is definitely NOT the purpose of this thread ...

There's an Aussie immigration board that has a lot of info. You probably can google and find it as I don't have the exact name in front of me. They are pretty tight about who gets in.

(Message not spell checked)

There's an Aussie immigration board that has a lot of info. You probably can google and find it as I don't have the exact name in front of me. They are pretty tight about who gets in.

shane on you

Immigration websites/agencies don't deal with licensure procedures ... in most cases they just refer people to the national board of whatever profession in question for details. What I wanted to get, as mentioned earlier, is first hand experience and impressions ...