any nutrition majors out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexterraz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Calling all nutrition majors planning to go into dentistry...are you satisfied with your major? Is it interesting? Does it provide a broad background in the sciences in preparation for the first year of dental school? Considering nutrition at UF...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

you are probably not going to find many nutrition majors out there. I am one of the few. I was a double major back in college. My nutritional courses were not just based on the facts of nutrition, the track of my discipline was metabolism and physiology. I learnt a lot about biochemistry, which is quite interesting in my opinion. I am feeling pretty prepared going into dental school, but keep in mind that my other major was molecular cell biology. The other track of nutritional majors in my college is dietitics, if you choose to do dietitics (prepares you to be a dietitian), then you might not be as prepared as you could if you are a bio major. Good luck to you, make sure you take plenty of upper division science courses, such as physiology, anatomy, biochemistry and others.