Any one else tired of college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rafa

headbutts like zidane
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to graduate already - it's ridiculous. I already have a pretty firm idea of the grades I'm going to get this semester, and everything right now is just incredibly boring. Any one else going through the 'everything is boring/college is wasting my time' phase right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, this last semester just seems so insignificant now that I've been accepted to Medical School. I'm definitely ready to move on.

Sorry, double post.

Members don't see this ad :)
my eyebags are getting worse everyday

Rafa said:
I'm ready to graduate already - it's ridiculous. I already have a pretty firm idea of the grades I'm going to get this semester, and everything right now is just incredibly boring. Any one else going through the 'everything is boring/college is wasting my time' phase right now?
college isnt boring to me, just my major is. (chem major). oh well, i only have 3 chem classes left till i finish my requirments, unfortunately, my final chem course isnt offered til fall!! so ill be a super senior, but yeah, chem classes are really boring. the only exciting course i have this qtr is native american studies. its more like a class of stereotyping. thats all we talk about and its funny to see others opinions are regarding stereotypes

oh my god, yes. i have absolutely no (academic) motivation this semester. like tonight, i was all determined to read a couple chapters of animal phys but ended up reading at most 7 pages and chatting with friends instead.

i agree, after being accepted, school just feels pointless. senioritis, anyone?

I have 1.5 years left before med school (if I get in :smuggrin: ) but I have completed most of the requirements for graduation. Just one more class for my major and I am done....I'm taking that class in my very last semester to delay graduation. So everything is just fluff-work to me now; I'm ready to finish and graduate.

senioritis? i think i have a tumor in my attentionspan. dear lord, can pchem go by any more slowly? I can't believe they want to explain everything chemically possible with math. it feels like they're trying to fit an obese pro-wrestler into a size 0 D&G dress. my head is going to explode.

Haha, senioritis definitely! I'm taking random classes this semester since I finished all the graduation/major requirements and the premed requirements. My mind is totally focused on figuring out where to go to med school in the fall, so even though I'm physically on campus, my mind has already checked out!

I liked college, but ready to move on to med school.
I'm ready to switch from "maybe I'll use this info someday" to "yeah learn this because you WILL use it someday."

yep, getting a little sick of undergrad :)

I've unforunately already graduated, so I'm kinda waiting for...I guess life :p to hurry up and fast forward to when med school starts. It's kinda sad and unproductive, lounging in your parent's house.

Shrami said:
yep, getting a little sick of undergrad :)

Holy cow, so am I. I had to take all these stupid classes to finish up my major this year including a botany and ecology course. I think I've missed more classes than I've made already and it's only the third week of classes. Right now I'm aiming for B's and C's. They won't rescind my acceptance based on that, will they? Nah.

You ingrates. I've recently found myself wishing I'd stayed for a fifth year.

mantraman1010 said:
Get a life........ :rolleyes:

I'm trying...

In all seriousness though, I feel like my life is very much on hold right now, just waiting for med school to start.

LEDeVolld said:
I liked college, but ready to move on to med school.
I'm ready to switch from "maybe I'll use this info someday" to "yeah learn this because you WILL use it someday."

From what I've heard, you might be in for a rude awakening in med school...I hope I'm wrong though..I've got junioritis..

i'm sorry but you guys need to have some more fun. i'm not trying to point fingers or anything but come on now. school isn't all about work. during college you get to live with friends and basically be on your own in a new city. cherish that. it was the best time of my life and i wish it never had to end. this thread makes me sad that some people go through college this way. med school is gonna be TOUGH as ****. enjoy your time while you're young. you don't wanna have any regrets when you're older.
-mota

DaMota said:
i'm sorry but you guys need to have some more fun. i'm not trying to point fingers or anything but come on now. school isn't all about work. during college you get to live with friends and basically be on your own in a new city. cherish that. it was the best time of my life and i wish it never had to end. this thread makes me sad that some people go through college this way. med school is gonna be TOUGH as ****. enjoy your time while you're young. you don't wanna have any regrets when you're older.
-mota

Yea, agreed. I graduated in May after constantly rushing through the college experience. In high school, I wanted to be in college, in college I couldn't wait to get to grad school, and now that I'm working full-time and doing postbac stuff, going back to college and just finishing up with goofoff classes or having nothing more to do but study/read/write papers sounds like a lot of fun. Take home message: It's cool to have senioritis, but don't miss out on fun opportunities and relishing a general lack of complete responsibility (i.e. for many no bills, no 9-6 mentality, etcetera) in the meantime!