Any one got an invite letter from USC yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acura-TL & Rx

Have faith in thy self!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. The first interview date for USC is November 12. Anybody received a letter of invite yet? Well they said that they'll send out the letter 2 to 3 weeks before the interview date. That means the letter should be coming in to the your mail box (hopefully mine) starting Monday. I guess I'll be getting a lot of excercise from making about 10 trips to the mail box every day. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Acura-TL & Rx said:
Just curious. The first interview date for USC is November 12. Anybody received a letter of invite yet? Well they said that they'll send out the letter 2 to 3 weeks before the interview date. That means the letter should be coming in to the your mail box (hopefully mine) starting Monday. I guess I'll be getting a lot of excercise from making about 10 trips to the mail box every day. :D

I don't know. But I keep getting "please contribute to" letter from SC monthly. :mad:

ZpackSux said:
I don't know. But I keep getting "please contribute to" letter from SC monthly. :mad:

hahaha...are you an alumni? Cuz they do that a lot to their alums. It's all about $$$$$$$$. May be you should donate some $$$$$ and tell them that you're related to me :D hahahha

Since no one is responding I guess USC haven't send out any letters yet. I think they will send out starting next week. Can't wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
haha.. then wait patiently :p maybe u'll get one tomorrow.. good luck n hope to see u at usc next yr!

kevintech said:
acura, what are your stats?
Nothing bad but not the greatest either.... 3.24, BS degree, applied early, 3 years of pharmacy tech experience, volunteered at hospitals, Extracurricular activity (NCAA II), and involved with the community in terms of setting up events. I just have to do really well during the interview and essay. Then I'll let faith do the rest.

crazyrice610 said:
haha.. then wait patiently :p maybe u'll get one tomorrow.. good luck n hope to see u at usc next yr!

Wait patiently? I don't know how to do that. hahhaha... well i have PCAT and work to worry about right now so it keeps me away from thinking about it. Other than that I am constantly looking at the mail box from my room. Sad... How's the P1 class so far? Like or dislike? Good luck to you too and hope to be at USC next year.

Btw did you guys watch USC vs. Notre Dame? I am sorry Notre Dame fans but GO USC. That was one great game! I used to be an Irish Fan but now I am leaning toward the trojans. But don't get me wrong I still root for Notre Dame ( that is if they are not playing against USC) :D

PS.: I went to Warren College Class of 2002. What college did you attend? I miss UCSD. Had some really great time there. Anyway, are you doing an interview this year? You should. :D

Acura-TL & Rx said:
Wait patiently? I don't know how to do that. hahhaha... well i have PCAT and work to worry about right now so it keeps me away from thinking about it. Other than that I am constantly looking at the mail box from my room. Sad... How's the P1 class so far? Like or dislike? Good luck to you too and hope to be at USC next year.

Btw did you guys watch USC vs. Notre Dame? I am sorry Notre Dame fans but GO USC. That was one great game! I used to be an Irish Fan but now I am leaning toward the trojans. But don't get me wrong I still root for Notre Dame ( that is if they are not playing against USC) :D

PS.: I went to Warren College Class of 2002. What college did you attend? I miss UCSD. Had some really great time there. Anyway, are you doing an interview this year? You should. :D

Hey, are you taking the PCAT for USC? I read you will be more favor if you take the PCAT. I called USC about the PCAT and they said i can take it in jan 06 and they'll considered it. Right now, i can't find much time to study for it.

does anyone know if they give out interviews based on when you apply or a combination of that and what your stats are? i finally finished and submitted all of my stuff (pharmcas and supplemental) a couple weeks ago. should i even expect to get an interview at all?

my stats: 3.55 pharmcas gpa (3.7 bcpm), 89 composite pcat, pharmacy volunteer and work in hospital and at savon

glagic said:
does anyone know if they give out interviews based on when you apply or a combination of that and what your stats are? i finally finished and submitted all of my stuff (pharmcas and supplemental) a couple weeks ago. should i even expect to get an interview at all?

my stats: 3.55 pharmcas gpa (3.7 bcpm), 89 composite pcat, pharmacy volunteer and work in hospital and at savon

Well, usc is rolling admission, so i'd think they grant interviews based on the order of applications received. Maybe someone can clarify this.

thinkblue said:
Well, usc is rolling admission, so i'd think they grant interviews based on the order of applications received. Maybe someone can clarify this.

Yeah, USC reviews applications based on rolling basis. The earlier you apply to better your chance of getting an interview.

Thinkblue,
As for the PCAT for USC, I am not sure if that's the case. Well I am taking the PCAT for outter state schools in the east coast but I am sending my score to PharmCAS so I guess USC will receive it too. If they look at your PCAT score, eventhough it's not required, then I have to really do well on this test this Saturday. Thanks for the infor btw.

Acura-TL & Rx said:

i graduated from UCSD too! ERC c/o 2004.

USC... i really like it. It's really different from UCSD, so it's hard to say which one is better. Let's just say I like UCSD's environment more but I like the faculty at USC more. At USC you'll find 3+ faculties teaching/class.

Classes wise: I'll have to say some classes r just harder than others. We have a new curriculum this year so we r taking Biochem w/ P2's. But believe it or not, that's one of our easier classes! :rolleyes: But overall all the classes are doable. So far we took 4 midterms and an immunization exam (by APhA). Scores for 2 midterms came back and for both exams the ave was around a 81% (which is really good). So it's not bad, plus USC tries not to kick any out.

well, if u have any other q's about USC, go ahead and PM me. :luck:

PS. and I'm not doing interviews for nov. I signed up a little too late so the slots were filled.

So I have this theory that our file number for USC is correlated with the number of apps that they have received. So for instance, if your file number was 123, then you are the 123rd applicant. Since USC is based on rolling admissions, do you guys think this may be true? (Yeah, I know, I'm being such a dork.) :D

Members don't see this ad :)
cheesygal said:
So I have this theory that our file number for USC is correlated with the number of apps that they have received. So for instance, if your file number was 123, then you are the 123rd applicant. Since USC is based on rolling admissions, do you guys think this may be true? (Yeah, I know, I'm being such a dork.) :D

I'm virtually positive that's true. My friend applied a month earlier than me and his file # is significantly smaller, whereas a friend who applied after me has a larger #. This seems to make sense, yeah? :laugh:

MrIntricate said:
I'm virtually positive that's true. My friend applied a month earlier than me and his file # is significantly smaller, whereas a friend who applied after me has a larger #. This seems to make sense, yeah? :laugh:

hahaha. Yeah! Same thing happened with me and my friends. :laugh: But yanno what I find a little strange? I turned my app in at the beginning of Oct and my file number was only in the 300s. I would expect it to be close to the thousands, but I guess that probably means that a lot of people turn in their apps at the deadline. *shrug*

I don't know about the file number correlating to how many people apply thing... I just received a complete application email and I'm in the 400's. I seriously think there are more applicants than 400, especially since it's rolling admissions, and I know I applied late!

could it be that they give out a file number based on your completion of the pharmcas and supplemental application? i think some people might apply via pharmcas, but not get to filling out a supplemental. i just got a supplemental for midwestern glendale and im debating on whether or not to fill it out and return it

blizz said:
I don't know about the file number correlating to how many people apply thing... I just received a complete application email and I'm in the 400's. I seriously think there are more applicants than 400, especially since it's rolling admissions, and I know I applied late!

When I called the admissions office before I was complete, they asked for my file number but then said something like "oh, you wouldn't have one yet," leading me to believe that they only give you one after completion. I was just complete the other week, and I got a number in the 400s also. My friend had a # close to mine and he was complete a few days after. Also, last year, just over a 1000 people total applied to USC, so this makes sense.

It seems probable that a majority of people are complete within the last week or two. We college students tend to be a procrastinating bunch, so I think that may very well be the case...

MrIntricate said:
When I called the admissions office before I was complete, they asked for my file number but then said something like "oh, you wouldn't have one yet," leading me to believe that they only give you one after completion. I was just complete the other week, and I got a number in the 400s also. My friend had a # close to mine and he was complete a few days after. Also, last year, just over a 1000 people total applied to USC, so this makes sense.

It seems probable that a majority of people are complete within the last week or two. We college students tend to be a procrastinating bunch, so I think that may very well be the case...

no alot of people like to hold on to their application until the very last minute (like me). last year i submitted my pharmcas on 10/27 and sent in my supplementary application 10/29 and i was #719 (and i know they got over 1000 applicants last year). i was interviewed on jan 22nd =)

crazyrice610 said:
no alot of people like to hold on to their application until the very last minute (like me). last year i submitted my pharmcas on 10/27 and sent in my supplementary application 10/29 and i was #719 (and i know they got over 1000 applicants last year). i was interviewed on jan 22nd =)

I think the file number does correlate to how many people applied. I applied pretty early but I was surprise when they told my my file number is in the seventies.

My friends who are attending the school told me about 3 weeks a go that there aren't many people applying this year. Well it was around 300 applicants when he told me. But then that was far from the deadline. Now that the deadline is coming near, I think it will easily go up to 1000. Yikes!!!

I submitted early-mid August and my file # is sub-80.

Wow, 14 days 'till the deadline and only 400 completed applications? I'm glad to see I'm not the only one procrastinating (I still have 2 supplementals to turn in by Nov. 1st). :D

Acura-TL & Rx said:
I think the file number does correlate to how many people applied. I applied pretty early but I was surprise when they told my my file number is in the seventies.

Hey TL,

Looks like you submitted around the same time I did.

ICA said:
Hey TL,

Looks like you submitted around the same time I did.
Yeah PharmCAS mailed mine out on August 3rd. So may be we'll see each other at the interview next month (November). So far...no letter yet. Have you gotten one yet? I guess not otherwise you'll be in this kinda mood :D :D I would be

BTW, did anyone realize that USC is the most expensive PharmD program in CA (and maybe the US) considering the 4 year program and COL?

I'm calculating a cost of just below 200K! :eek: :eek: :eek:

yeah that whole applicant # this does indeed reflect how early you sent yours in.

I'm applicant #37, and I talked to Sara Heredia who is on the USC admin and she told me i was the 37th person to have a complete file...

who knows though if i get an interview *crosses fingers*

good luck to everyone!! I call my mom everyday to see if I have mail :)

gmohamma said:
yeah that whole applicant # this does indeed reflect how early you sent yours in.

I'm applicant #37, and I talked to Sara Heredia who is on the USC admin and she told me i was the 37th person to have a complete file...

who knows though if i get an interview *crosses fingers*

good luck to everyone!! I call my mom everyday to see if I have mail :)

When did you send in your application?

crazyrice610 said:

Wow, that's so cool! Know why? Cus that tells me that adcoms probably have the chance to look at our apps several times! Yay! (Last year, my friend w/ a number in the 600s interviewed in Feb.) Just out of curiousity, do you have any idea how many people interview at a time?
heh...can you tell that USC is my first choice? :laugh: :laugh:

dragonet said:
When did you send in your application?

i must have sent it sometime in july/early august

Needless to say, I am really surprised that I am in the 400's. Good luck everyone :)

Ladies and gents,

I've just called USC and they said that they will start sending the letters starting next week. The number that they'll be interviewing for the november slot is 150. Yikes!!! Good luck everyone! I guess I better go back to the temple and pray some more.... hahahah

When a file is complete, does that mean the admission committee has finished reviewing your application or it's just simply that you have all the required documents in?

thinkblue said:
When a file is complete, does that mean the admission committee has finished reviewing your application or it's just simply that you have all the required documents in?

I think it means that you have all the required documents.

Acura-TL & Rx said:
Ladies and gents,

I've just called USC and they said that they will start sending the letters starting next week. The number that they'll be interviewing for the november slot is 150. Yikes!!! Good luck everyone! I guess I better go back to the temple and pray some more.... hahahah

Do you mean they will be interviewing over 150 ppl in 1 day? :eek: :confused:

marrymenatalie said:
Do you mean they will be interviewing over 150 ppl in 1 day? :eek: :confused:

This is USC we're talking about. They are capable to do so many things other schools can't do. Does anyone know how many applicants they have received thus far? It seems like there are only about 500 applicants or so but then I could be wrong. But you know what though? The deadline is coming near so I guess we'll be seeing more and more people submitting their appliaction. Anyone out there willing to tell their file number so we can get some idea how many people applied thus far?

Anyone out there willing to tell their file number so we can get some idea how many people applied thus far?[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh.. now that the PCAT is over....So relieved! Anyway, cross my fingers for a letter soon from USC. We should be getting them this week and the week after. Good luck to all!!!