Any one heard of Yale's ELI WHITNEY program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

Tyc00nman

Hey my non-trad friends,

Have any of you heard of the "Eli Whitney" program at Yale? They offer a B.A or B.S through Yale college but you are a non-traditional transfer I guess...

Anyone know about this program in detail? Is it a legit program to finish your bachelors degree and complete your science courses at? Any information would help. Their website doesn't detail much.

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
And of course there's the School of General Studies at Columbia. You can get a full BA/BS there, or just do postbacc (which I just finished). But be warned: Columbia's really expensive and the premed courses (which are the regular classes undergrads take) are brutal.

They do have a high med school placement rate, though (they say 94%). However, like everyone else, they only count the success rate of the people who make it all the way to the end of postbacc--and the attrition is significant. (If I had to guess, I'd say at least 30%.)

I've also heard that Harvard Extension is good, and it's fairly cheap (a few thousand per year).