any other Automatic Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golfing_Doc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than UMichigan, any other schools that offer interviews, pre-secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

If one got an auto-interview-invite, where is it found? Any idea what quals are needed for one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Golfing_Doc said:
If one got an auto-interview-invite, where is it found? Any idea what quals are needed for one?
pitt is only auto-invite in the sense that they seem to choose people based on numbers and/or the AMCAS to receive an interview the day after submitting the secondary. it seems automatic because they give the interviews without having time to read over the secondary application or receive the LOR's. you get an email.

Erina said:
pitt is only auto-invite in the sense that they seem to choose people based on numbers and/or the AMCAS to receive an interview the day after submitting the secondary. it seems automatic because they give the interviews without having time to read over the secondary application or receive the LOR's. you get an email.

um, sounds automatic to me.

If it gives you any perspective I have 3.9 science GPA and 3.8 overall GPA and a 32 MCAT and no automatic invite from UPitt :mad:

MD82 said:
If it gives you any perspective I have 3.9 science GPA and 3.8 overall GPA and a 32 MCAT and no automatic invite from UPitt :mad:

Nice screen-name... you a ramprat somewhere?

NovemberWhiskey(Alfa)

Received automatic interview from U of Michigan but none at Pitt.
I submitted the 2ndary last week, what gives?

What are their cutoff GPA & MCAT?

Returnednds said:
Received automatic interview from U of Michigan but none at Pitt.
I submitted the 2ndary last week, what gives?

What are their cutoff GPA & MCAT?
no one knows the cutoffs

I'll let you in on this secret. If you have a 4.0 GPA and scored a 45 on the MCAT you will get an interview invite from Pitt 99.99% of the time (the 0.01% accounts for failures related to the email system and such...)

It looks like Ohio State did some automatic interviews this year.

My impression is that UPitt screens on the primary + stats.

I submitted my Pitt at 11 pm and got an interview invite at 5 am the next morning. Maybe they have little elves working around the clock in a factory full of secondaries. I have around a 3.55 science and 33 MCAT. I definitely did not get an automatic for U Mich.

cubbbie said:
I submitted my Pitt at 11 pm and got an interview invite at 5 am the next morning. Maybe they have little elves working around the clock in a factory full of secondaries. I have around a 3.55 science and 33 MCAT. I definitely did not get an automatic for U Mich.

I have a 3.95 and 33 MCAT. No auto-invite. Unless they are looking at subscores, it must not be automatic based on numbers.

3.7 37. Submitted 2ndary over a week ago and still nothing.

i have a 3.98 overall/3.96 BCPM and a 35 MCAT. got the auto invite. that's why i think it's not purely numbers...numbers are probably a part of it, but maybe they also look at the AMCAS. i think they selected people ahead of time to get the invite as soon as the secondary was submitted.

I also get the impression somehow that they screen AMCAS apps, and if they like yours enough, you get put on a electronic list and once you submit the 2ndary you'll get an invite.

I believe that I earned automatic invites at OSU and Pittsburgh. My stats can be found in my MDApps. profile.

One of the admins/deans at U Michigan said the auto-interview cutoff for out of state was 37 and 3.75 I think.

NoktorNoL said:
One of the admins/deans at U Michigan said the auto-interview cutoff for out of state was 37 and 3.75 I think.

In the online chat the guy said 3.8/38 for OOS and 3.8/36 for instate. Can't be rock solid though, because people are definetly getting them with scores lower than that. Maybe they look at your work/activities etc and tally for research or clinical or something else.