Any other good sources to PRACTICE for PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futbol99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is repetitive. I am new in the process and been searching for a couple days trying to get my head around things.

Aside from the content stuff, I am trying to find the best sources to gauge and assist my progress by doing many practice questions that represent the PCAT type in away. I don't just want to do content and that's it.

I learned that Dr. Collins is a great source for practice as it comes with many practice tests, and some say they see lots of repeats or similarity on the PCAT. I also know that Purchasing the 3 Pearson Practice exams are a must (Ps. Should I also purchase the writing tests, or is it not that worth it?)

Other than Dr. Collins and Pearson, I have at my disposal 2013-2014 Kaplan book, which seems to have a few end-chapter problems. How are those?

Are there ANY other good resources not as popular that you used to do great or are those couple resources the best to help me get the marks I need? Anyone tried the MCAT Examkrackers questions books and found them helpful for PCAT purposes?

Please help me out! THANKS

(BTW. I am looking to buy Dr.Collins material, however I am Canadian, so I think shipping will be too costly across the border)

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is repetitive. I am new in the process and been searching for a couple days trying to get my head around things.

Aside from the content stuff, I am trying to find the best sources to gauge and assist my progress by doing many practice questions that represent the PCAT type in away. I don't just want to do content and that's it.

I learned that Dr. Collins is a great source for practice as it comes with many practice tests, and some say they see lots of repeats or similarity on the PCAT. I also know that Purchasing the 3 Pearson Practice exams are a must (Ps. Should I also purchase the writing tests, or is it not that worth it?)

Other than Dr. Collins and Pearson, I have at my disposal 2013-2014 Kaplan book, which seems to have a few end-chapter problems. How are those?

Are there ANY other good resources not as popular that you used to do great or are those couple resources the best to help me get the marks I need? Anyone tried the MCAT Examkrackers questions books and found them helpful for PCAT purposes?

Please help me out! THANKS

(BTW. I am looking to buy Dr.Collins material, however I am Canadian, so I think shipping will be too costly across the border)
ExamKracker books are amazing! I definitely recommend you taking a look at them--especially the 1001 Ek series. They provide you with way more practice problems than any book

Reactions: 1 user
I want to give my PCAT in this fall, does any one willing to sell your Dr Collins PCAT study guide 2014. I would appreciate your reply

ExamKracker books are amazing! I definitely recommend you taking a look at them--especially the 1001 Ek series. They provide you with way more practice problems than any book
So did you find these helping you do well on the Bio/Chem/RC section on the PCAT? Do you recommend doing all the problems that come in each book or do a select amount? Ill find away to do all of them if they really enforce the concepts and help you see something along the lines of what PCAT tests!

Members don't see this ad :)
So did you find these helping you do well on the Bio/Chem/RC section on the PCAT? Do you recommend doing all the problems that come in each book or do a select amount? Ill find away to do all of them if they really enforce the concepts and help you see something along the lines of what PCAT tests!

Oh, most definitely.
(My lowest score was RC since I didn't spend a lot of time on it...my fault though. But I've heard that using MCAT books for the RC section prepares you really well).

I haven't taken Microbiology or Genetics but I found that the EK book went in-depth into the topics Kaplan didn't. Also, the 1001 Bio book was good, although the format is passages+discretes. But it helped pinpoint the topics I needed help on.

As for Chem, I honestly believe that the EK books prepped me really, really well. *Especially the 1001 EK Gen Chem+ 1001 Orgo books*. was my weakest section. Also used McGraw/Hill.

Edit---I went through the books twice but it was a little over the top. My best advice would be to do a couple problems on topics you've mastered (so you don't forget anything) and focus more on the areas you have problems in.
Quality> Quantity in this case--you can do problems until your eyeballs fall out but if you don't understand the concept then it's kind of useless.
-I also used the MCAT Orgo Princeton book to nail down concepts. Princeton> Kaplan for orgo imo.

-If you're interested I have the EK Verbal Reasoning/Chemistry/Bio books (Bio and Chem are a little worn, but the VR is brand new) and the 1001 EK Orgo book for sale (And the 500 McGraw-Hill questions). I'm trying to get rid of them quick, so if you're interested just pm.

Good luck! You'll do great :))

Oh, most definitely.
(My lowest score was RC since I didn't spend a lot of time on it...my fault though. But I've heard that using MCAT books for the RC section prepares you really well).

I haven't taken Microbiology or Genetics but I found that the EK book went in-depth into the topics Kaplan didn't. Also, the 1001 Bio book was good, although the format is passages+discretes. But it helped pinpoint the topics I needed help on.

As for Chem, I honestly believe that the EK books prepped me really, really well. *Especially the 1001 EK Gen Chem+ 1001 Orgo books*. was my weakest section. Also used McGraw/Hill.

Edit---I went through the books twice but it was a little over the top. My best advice would be to do a couple problems on topics you've mastered (so you don't forget anything) and focus more on the areas you have problems in.
Quality> Quantity in this case--you can do problems until your eyeballs fall out but if you don't understand the concept then it's kind of useless.
-I also used the MCAT Orgo Princeton book to nail down concepts. Princeton> Kaplan for orgo imo.

-If you're interested I have the EK Verbal Reasoning/Chemistry/Bio books (Bio and Chem are a little worn, but the VR is brand new) and the 1001 EK Orgo book for sale (And the 500 McGraw-Hill questions). I'm trying to get rid of them quick, so if you're interested just pm.

Good luck! You'll do great :))
Sweet!!
Thank you for the amazing reply!
Looking forward to getting started on them ASAP!
Thanks for the offer though, but I just came out of recent Mcat studying so I am loaded with resources already aha. Thanks anyways!