Any other janitors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cranius

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have the pleasure of working in housekeeping/environmental services within a hospital? What I'm wondering is if this can be considered good clinical experience, especially if you're working in close contact with patients (ex. emerg). You're not directly involved, but you get to see quite a lot. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

agree w/ dr. andrew. no way......

Members don't see this ad :)
It won't count as any sort of clinical experience, but you could say that you have experience working in a hospital and are comfortable in that environment - seriously. But you might want to see if you can volunteer a bit at that hospital as well...

That's a shame. All my hospital volunteering was done years ago, and I got less patient contact there than what I'm doing now. I'm not sure if they'd let me do something more interesting...

Thx for the info and suggestions :)

I work in a gas station, so no.

I'm a strong supporter of janitor premeds. I don't see how it can't help you especially since you worked in a hospital. :thumbup:

Actually you can use that for experience..true it was not free but you can.....you still need to do some hours on your own time though...maybe talk to one of the doctors and shadow them? The reason I know is because I use to work in the Food SErvice at UCDMC.....I asked the dean and he said I could use it because I had to work in order to make ends meat.....Now though, I volunteer in the ER showing that I also go to the hospital on my own time....hope that helps

Yeah, it helps a lot. I'll have to ask the schools independantly. It's why I took the job in the first place, so it'd be nice to be able to use it :D

thx