Any other late appliers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flyfisher

On Target: Med School
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So is anyone else in my boat? I'm working on my primary application now. I just have to finish my personal info - like jobs, experiences and personal statement.

they say the personal statement is to clarify other parts of the application, but isn' this where I'm supposed to tell them why I want to be a doctor etc?

I just finished my last allopathic secondary and I'm going to try to submit this before the first deadline on 12/1. I probably should have done this a long time ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Flyfisher said:
So is anyone else in my boat? I'm working on my primary application now. I just have to finish my personal info - like jobs, experiences and personal statement.

they say the personal statement is to clarify other parts of the application, but isn' this where I'm supposed to tell them why I want to be a doctor etc?

I just finished my last allopathic secondary and I'm going to try to submit this before the first deadline on 12/1. I probably should have done this a long time ago.

I used my PS to tell my story of how I wanted to be a physician and why I am qualified. I didn't shed much light on any slips in my grades (just one lol :cool: ), or anything that would be negative. If you say negative things in your PS that will give the committee reason to pay attention to it.

But you can also turn something negative into a positive. I wanted to somehow address how my grades slightly decreased last year and made it sound positive by talking about my determination and perserverance.

If you need any help PM me. :)

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I just wanted to make sure.

Jezzielin said:
I used my PS to tell my story of how I wanted to be a physician and why I am qualified. I didn't shed much light on any slips in my grades (just one lol :cool: ), or anything that would be negative. If you say negative things in your PS that will give the committee reason to pay attention to it.

But you can also turn something negative into a positive. I wanted to somehow address how my grades slightly decreased last year and made it sound positive by talking about my determination and perserverance.

If you need any help PM me. :)

Tell a story about how you fared in a medical environment... I never talked about my grades or anything that had to do with my extra curs... or anything that had to do with me being qualified for that matter. the grades and extra curs generally speak for themselves. It is my impression that adcoms do not want to hear the same old same old from everybody, so create a short, sweet, original* excerpt from your experiences in healthcare. This not only shows that you are dedicated to furthering your healthcare experiences, but also the unique qualities you possess that they are most interested in... when it comes time for secondaries, get more personal with the narrative.