Any other non trad undergraduates here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ceke2002

Purveyor of Strange
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've just enrolled in the first of my pre-requisite courses for mid year admission into a BA Psych course. I'll be 45 this year, so with 3 years of undergraduate study, plus 1 year post grad honours, I'll be 49 before I'm entering into either my Masters, Phd, or Doctorate studies.

Anyone else in the same boat? If so, what was/is it like in terms of how other students responded to you, and managing studies as a non trad Psych student, and so on?

Members don't see this ad.

While on the older side for my cohort, I wouldn't consider myself a non-trad student. But there were a couple of 40+ year students making their way through the psych PhD program during the time that I was there. One of them was a bit odd- overly critical of everything, braggadocious and rebuffed all invites to join any types of social functions (so function of personality, not age), but the other we all loved having in our classes - different life experiences brought a lot to the discussions, and at least from my perspective didn't seem that either of them were treated as any different by students or profs. We were all just trying to make it through and have a little fun along the way. Didn't seem to affect their internship interviews and matches either.

Reactions: 1 user