Any other overnights have their 24 hr store converted to non-24?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charcoales

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where they able to let you at least float or were you basically let go?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard at CVS they were letting you float. That was 2-3 years ago, but nowadays who the heck knows. They think you are replaceable so there is no loyalty . Did you call your DM and express your concern and ask what is going to happen to you?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

my life goal was to become a graveyard pharmacist.
Sigh.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At the 24 hour store I worked at the hours were reduced to 6 am to 12 midnight then later to 8 to 10. I was one of two overnighters the other one was let go for issues unrelated to the hours change but just before it occurred.

my life goal was to become a graveyard pharmacist.
Sigh.

= endangered species. It's become a much more Grimm position vs the past since most remaining 24 hour stores are very high volume. Mine is #1 in the district with an ever growing # of ready fills (average has gone from 165 Rx/night to around 200+ Rx/night in just a few months)

Back to the topic, I know RPh who were simply let go and those who switched over to daytime/PIC positions...depends on DM. Note: this was before the era of the "district leader"

I got severance and a pink slip in 2015. They hired me back the day after severance ran out. I'm back at a 24.

Reactions: 1 users
Did this happen to a lot of stores? I know many stores were affected two years ago but didnt know they converted more this year.

If this happens to the other 24 hour store in my area I'm in trouble. They're higher volume but we're next to the ER and have one hospital contract. Weekends are going to be the worst. "I have script filled at another store but they're closed, can I transfer it here? I'll be there in 5 minutes..." That's every other call at the beginning of my shift.

If this happens to the other 24 hour store in my area I'm in trouble. They're higher volume but we're next to the ER and have one hospital contract. Weekends are going to be the worst. "I have script filled at another store but they're closed, can I transfer it here? I'll be there in 5 minutes..." That's every other call at the beginning of my shift.
No. We'll have it ready in an hour. When I was RXM at a 24 hour store, we got flooded at 6 pm on weekends for refills people didn't pick up earlier in the day at their local store. Granted, if it was for an antibiotic or something (prescribed that day), we'd probably do it as a waiter. Otherwise, if you waited all day, you can wait another hour

Reactions: 1 user
Where they able to let you at least float or were you basically let go?
Our 3rd shift pharmacists were let go after our 24 hrs closed.

A lot of good pharmacists lost their jobs, yet the riff-raff got to keep their jobs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just checked the store locator for 24 hour pharmacies in my area. Wow. And I think more are to close in May as well. Looking back this was just one big credit bubble that has now popped. What comes next is going to be brutal. Real estate is turning over and retail has been on low interest rate life support since 2008. Peoplze are simply going to go apesh*t with this next downturn. The seed corn and social capital has long ago been used up. All these working age people not in the work force but mooching off relatives in the household still working can't last forever. I've noticed more young adults obviously homeless on street corners now.

I don't what they're going to do with us. FEMA camps? All those abandoned Walmarts? This is why they want the guns.

= endangered species. It's become a much more Grimm position vs the past since most remaining 24 hour stores are very high volume. Mine is #1 in the district with an ever growing # of ready fills (average has gone from 165 Rx/night to around 200+ Rx/night in just a few months)
May I ask, what region is this? What was the hourly rate/compensation when it was 165 rxs per night?