Any Out-of-State Residents With Luck to UoTexas & SUNY Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joe Joe on da Radio

Gissepi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
wondering if it's worth the application $$$ for someone who has no ties to the states? thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

not sure about others, but certainly don't waste your money on suny stony brook
out-of-state acceptance rate there = 0.0% :)

Members don't see this ad :)
suny syracuse (aka Upstate Medical University) d accepts out of staters (not sure exacty how many). they no longer give preference to NY state residents, but DO offer reduced tuition to NY residents. You can declare in-state residency after your first year.
i'm not too familiar with the other suny schools. hope this helps.

I only knew of two people getting into the SUNY system from out of state. I there is probably more

It is difficult. But what are your other schools? Depending on your stats you may have a chance at SUNY. So Upstate doesn't give preference to NY'ers, that is why I didn't even get an interview.

Texas is also difficult.

AK

From what I gathered, only Baylor and Southwestern seem to be interested in out of staters. The others DO take them, but the people I've heard of getting in to them as out of staters had some tie(s) to the state.

thanks for the input everyone! i guess i can shave off a couple hundred bucks now in fees.