Any Pain Jobs in Chicago vs. Cali?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GQPMR

Fellow
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my pain fellowship currently in California and started looking for jobs. I've tried the device reps, recruiters, web searches, etc... Are their other places and/or resources to use to search for jobs? Anyone have any leads they can PM me?

Members don't see this ad.

Man the market really sucks right now! Website postings, Recruiters and cold calling have got me nowhere (only had one real job interview till now).

ACGME Accredited Pain Fellowship Trained Physician looking for 100% pain job (including Muscoloskeletal Medicine/EMG/NCS) in these cities/states in order of preference: California, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington DC/Northern VA, Las Vegas and Pheonix metro areas.

Agree; market stinks, am much l8r in the stage searching than I thought I would be. Now shooting to start in Aug/Sept from my initial plan of July.

Job hunt was slow. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I get calls and emails every day from recruiters, requesting to send my CV out for 100% pain positions. Never get a response back from the recruiter, except to ask if they can send my CV out to another place... highly frustrating! I think recruiters get an incentive bonus based on amount of CVs they send out! :)

At the rate I am hearing back from opportunities, I will most likely be back in my parent's basement jobless like I did two weeks after graduating college once.:bang:

Recruiters, don't even get me started about them...

At the rate I am hearing back from opportunities, I will most likely be back in my parent's basement jobless like I did two weeks after graduating college once.:bang:

Recruiters, don't even get me started about them...

in my limited experience with job hunting, and i did a lot of it for a short amount of time in one market, it is near impossible to find a (good) job in a market that you dont know or have an "in." I may be looking for a third guy next year, and there is NO WAY, i would hire someone i didnt know, somehow was "related" to me (trained where i trained, new people i knew)

So, you might be best spending time pounding pavement in area that you have been in before. Or you may have to take a crappy job in the place you want to be, until you learn the lay of the land, and find/create a better one. my two cents. Keep you chin up!

I'm not sure why you guys are having trouble, we are conducting a number of searches right now for pain management physicians as well as helping some existing clients expand under our practice management arm.

It could be that you are dealing with recruiters who are "mills" i.e. simply sending out CV's in the hopes of landing searches as opposed to search firms who are contacted by employers to help them find qualified physicians. Many of the searches we conduct are never advertised.

In addition to physician recruitment, my firm is pretty heavily involved in "the business of medicine" so I'm happy to try to answer any questions you may have. You can find out more about my background and my company in the link below.

Man the market really sucks right now! Website postings, Recruiters and cold calling have got me nowhere (only had one real job interview till now).

ACGME Accredited Pain Fellowship Trained Physician looking for 100% pain job (including Muscoloskeletal Medicine/EMG/NCS) in these cities/states in order of preference: California, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington DC/Northern VA, Las Vegas and Pheonix metro areas.

Perhaps you need to consider more rural ares. We have trouble recruiting docs to our area. I guess they prefer to live like cockroaches in a concrete jungle. Did my undergrad at Northwestern, could not wait to get out of the Chicago city area. Now live in a rural area, no traffic low cost of living, less docs for competition.