Any particularly more preventative/holistic geared schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

healingcasanova

Healing Casanova
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to be a doctor all of my life.

After I entered college, I obtained a better understand of how our medical system works and decided what I really wanted was to be a healer. I graduated 2 years ago with the intention of attending a holistic school, like a naturopathic school for example. I have been practicing bodywork for 3years ( http://HealingCasanova.com ).

I have now begun the process of applying to med school as I have made some different choices. I believe that having a medical degree will provide me with move opportunity and influence in the long run to accomplish my goal of bringing healing, not merely a potential temporary fix, to those who desperately need it in our society.

However in searching for a mentor or the right school I have been met with great challenge. I understand medical curriculum is standardized I but I know there is a population of older physicians who have turned toward a more holistic practice. is there not a way the choose this from the beginning or must you go through med school then get further holistic type schooling?

Im looking for a practitioner mentor or schools with amore preventative practice reputation. I know DO schools tend to be more preventative, but is there one in particular?

Im interested in nutrition, bodywork, herbs, energetic medicine/ therapy and other holistic therapies in conjunction with western medicine.

Thank you for any guidance on my path.:love:

Members don't see this ad.

I have wanted to be a doctor all of my life.

I really wanted was to be a healer.

I am glad that by now you've realized that these are by no means the same thing.

I would suggest asking in the DO forum for which DO schools lean more towards what you've spoken of. I seriously doubt you'll find a rigorous curriculum of anything like you've said in most US allo schools. Tradition dies hard.

edit: also, as you'll see an ENORMOUS amount of in this forum, applying to allo schools with the intent to get into a certain school is risky at best and stupid at worst. You'll need to apply broadly regardless if you really want the MD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im looking for a practitioner mentor or schools with amore preventative practice reputation. I know DO schools tend to be more preventative, but is there one in particular?

Go DO. All DO schools emphasize this. I know VCOM in particular does.

I'd also recommend looking into Classical Chinese medicine. This stuff is growing, I took a semester course on it, and I honestly believe it works (with extensively-trained doctors of Chinese medicine).

Loma linda in california. They are also vegetarian. No joke. They're 7th day adventists. Their philosophy might jive with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.