Any pathologists with perfect uncorrected vision?

• Thread starter Deleted member 17408
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 17408

Hi guys,

Do any of you know of any pathologist with perfect uncorrected vision (without contacts/glasses or corrective surgery)? I'm referring especially to fields of pathology that work heavily with microscopes.

The reason I'm asking is that although there is no direct study to show a link between microscopy and nearsightedness, the link between closework (esp. microscopy) as a cause for myopia has certainly been proposed by quite a few. Some have said that the unnaturally "close" image on a microscope and the ensuing eye strain may lead to nearsightedness. Reading a book is also another close activity, however microscopy is more suspect since it often requires longer periods of concentration on the image.

In my personal experience, I have seen very, very few if any pathologists (esp. ones that use microscopes a lot) with perfect vision.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Members don't see this ad.

In my 24 years prior to doing a post-sophomore fellowship in pathology I did not need glasses. Half-way through my post-soph fellowship I did. I have steadily become more and more myopic.

I don't care what research is or isn't available on the subject. The microscope is VERY rough on the eyeballs!

Mindy