any Peds cases on COMLEX PE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ej6527

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are peds cases on the comlex pe?

Members don't see this ad.

I've not heard of anyone actually having a kid case, but the NBOME says that it is possible (but there apparently won't be a kid in the room, just mom) as is a phone interview. (another type I've not actually heard of anyone having.)

I've heard of people (remember, noone can put their actual cases on here or the AOA police will take THEIR LIFE!) that had kids.... and by kids I mean small adults in the 16-20 range. I've heard of no little kids or adolescents.

Hope this helps!

I don't remember if any of my pts were kids, but I do remember having a chance to deliver a kid. The mom was full term and in labor - so I went to deliver and since we can't do any sensitive exams I had to do OMT to stop the contractions and put in my "plan" to deliver the baby. Man, was that one stressful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't remember if any of my pts were kids, but I do remember having a chance to deliver a kid. The mom was full term and in labor - so I went to deliver and since we can't do any sensitive exams I had to do OMT to stop the contractions and put in my "plan" to deliver the baby. Man, was that one stressful.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or scold you for posting about NBOME coveted details of a case you had in the exam. :laugh:

Why you think that? You haven't used OMT to stop labor yet?

Why you think that? You haven't used OMT to stop labor yet?

No but I once was in a hospital without a cath lab and TPA happened to be contraindicated, so I blasted the dude with some upper thoracic muscle energy and threw in a vault hold for good measure. That thrombus in the LAD just melted.