Any Penn grads now in dental school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lbennett

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any former Penn students now in dental school out there want to help me decide where to go next year?? As you know the career services here is far from what it should be...

Members don't see this ad.

lbennett said:
Any former Penn students now in dental school out there want to help me decide where to go next year?? As you know the career services here is far from what it should be...

I went to Penn undergrad and ended up a USC after taking a year off after graduation. As far as dentistry, Penn's career services are definitely subpar. Where to go is up to you, but consider where you want to practice. I grew up in the "OC" and going to USC helped with getting licensed in california, plus the alumni connections in the region are a plus, good luck. By the way Penn's dental school rejected me. :cool:

my interview at penn is tomorrow, actually, and i really don't even want to go! the mere thought of studying in van pelt for four more years is just dreadful! i need to get out of philadelphia!! i'm considering tufts, nyu and umaryland pretty much because it's my only cheap option. sigh... decisions, decisions.

Study at Van Pelt? That place is only good for people watching. don't base you decision on money or tuition, that will be paid over time with no problem. focus on what you want out a program and have a good time along the way. :cool: