Any Persian pre-meds out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No fricking idea... I stole it from some chick's myspace page...

What's with you overachievers? Duke, UCSD.... I'm waitlisted and it probably has something to do with my affinity for bazygooshing....

Are you sure you didn't take it from MY myspace page? Not that theres anything wrong with that.

www.myspace.com/drdaftarian

Members don't see this ad.

No fricking idea... I stole it from some chick's myspace page...

What's with you overachievers? Duke, UCSD.... I'm waitlisted and it probably has something to do with my affinity for bazygooshing....

Lol, guys I got this link from a friend of mine.
It is freaking hillarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4QltIDOaQ

Also, who saw the new South Park episode?
Don't want to spoil anything but I think you guys should definitely watch it.

you know, there is a time and place for crappy persian music...

and that place is called mehmoonies...

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
you know, there is a time and place for crappy persian music...

and that place is called mehmoonies...

;)

Oh God, don't even remind me of the nightmare :scared:

hi. afghan, though not pashtun.

someone brought up conservative afghans. most hazaras in the west are super-conservative, with the exception that the women usually reduce the degree of pardah. uzbeks are usually much less so, and pashtuns are pretty liberal, from my experience.

hahaha. i've heard from MANY people who recently returned that even the GUYS are wearing make-up now. Not just a little...a LOT. foundation, mascara and eye-liner (UGHHHH!!!) and they wear super-tight fitting clothes.
and the guys do their eyebrows (nothing new there), but the girls draw in this abnormally (freakish) high arch.
i guess with all the pressures that are over there (crazy govt, no jobs even for the educated, poor economy, high rates of drug addiction) theres not much else to occupy the younger generation but looks.
so sad.... :(

hahaha what made me laugh when I visited is that all the dudes dress up like douches with shaped facial hair and threaded cheeks, and the girls all get rhinoplasty, yet forget to wax their monobrow. figure that one out.

Hi everyone! I'm back!

hi. afghan, though not pashtun.

someone brought up conservative afghans. most hazaras in the west are super-conservative, with the exception that the women usually reduce the degree of pardah. uzbeks are usually much less so, and pashtuns are pretty liberal, from my experience.

Cool, so you speak Dari?
Are you hazara? I think the boy in the Kite Runner was hazara, right?

So who was in Vegas for Xmas and who was at Tao on Xmas eve?

:hardy:

Cool, so you speak Dari?
Are you hazara? I think the boy in the Kite Runner was hazara, right?
yes, yes and yes. :D

edit: is your name the reverse spelling of what I think it is?

yes, yes and yes. :D

edit: is your name the reverse spelling of what I think it is?

Yeah I just chose that to see who would catch on first. So it's the same word in Dari? Amazing!
You are the winner my friend. Beh gholeh maarouf, mikhastam bebinam fozoolam kieh :D

Henej whats your name, I might know you.
Im gonna go to UCSD in 3 years.
Check your PM inbox.

Members don't see this ad :)
My best wishes go out to all the fellow Persian in the application process.

Yeah I just chose that to see who would catch on first. So it's the same word in Dari? Amazing!
You are the winner my friend. Beh gholeh maarouf, mikhastam bebinam fozoolam kieh :D

Check your PM inbox.

hahaha, actually it's not the same word, but my cousins and I had a hell of a time trying to get these two brothers we met at a "coffee net" in iran to tell us (out of sheer curiousity) what they're called there.

us: amu khatu ki baray pul sex mikuna, urra chiz muga?
older brother: <unintelligible answer>
us: na, matlab mo, ism shi chiast?
younger brother: ism shi? ism-e-khodish!

this went on for fifteen minutes before they were finally like "ohhhhh, jendeh!"

hahaha, actually it's not the same word, but my cousins and I had a hell of a time trying to get these two brothers we met at a "coffee net" in iran to tell us (out of sheer curiousity) what they're called there.

Ah, that's sad. I thought Farsi and Dari would have at least the cuss words in common.

Hi,

I am Persian too!

Where are you guys located? I am in the washington dc metro area.

I'm Prussian. Does that count for anything?

How do u know you're going to UCSD in 3 years?

I'm not persian (south asian myself), but just wanted to give a shout out to all my persian bretheren and especially the persian hunnies;) who are incredibly sexy IMO

Would this be an inappropriate place to tell a muslim joke?

Would this be an inappropriate place to tell a muslim joke?

lol go for it.

And why isn't there a Pakistani pre-med thread up in these forums?

lol go for it.

And why isn't there a Pakistani pre-med thread up in these forums?
There was, but it got flooded with Indians and turned into a Kashmir.

im afghan but i always get called out as a persian-and i love my persians!

i wonder how many afghans are out here? :rolleyes:

persian from NY
theres a persians in medicine thing every year at NYU
if you live near NY y'all should consider attending =)