Any PharmD's in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthomyxo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any PharmD's on here that are currently in med school. If so, do you regret your decision? Do you think your pharmacy education helped you on your MCAT, and does it help you in your current studies? The reason I ask is because I'm in a 0-6 PharmD program, but I truly want to be an MD. However, I think I would feel better to have a secure job to fall back on before I go applying to med schools. The only thing that worries me is the time it will take. :scared:

Edit: Would anyone recommend a premedical minor concentration?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if there are any PharmD's on here that are currently in med school. If so, do you regret your decision? Do you think your pharmacy education helped you on your MCAT, and does it help you in your current studies? The reason I ask is because I'm in a 0-6 PharmD program, but I truly want to be an MD. However, I think I would feel better to have a secure job to fall back on before I go applying to med schools. The only thing that worries me is the time it will take. :scared:

Edit: Would anyone recommend a premedical minor concentration?

I am currently in my last year of pharm and applying to med school. Personally, I wanted both degrees as a joint doctorate program. There was not one so I am just completing both.

MCAT, PharmD helped a little with the BS, chem. Not much else.

I think it will help me in med school some. MDs diagnosis and treat with drugs. But, pharm is the drug experts. So, to me, to have complete and better knowledge it made sense to do both. I have several other reasons too that convinced me to go for it.

Time is only a issue if you focus on it. No matter what you are doing you are going to get older.

The biggest problems are explaining why you got a PharmD first and why med now? The extra loans....but you can still pay it off.

BTW, I am not in my 20's either so age is not that big a deal. Who wants to retire, lol!!!