any phone calls today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldfeet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any phone calls from PD's tipping them off about where they are ending up tomorrow?

I haven't, but I was really hoping for one.

Members don't see this ad.

do the programs know who matched with them?

:confused:

chic said:
do the programs know who matched with them?

:confused:

Yes, they found out today.

If a PD were dumb enough and unethical enough to do so, I would be mortified to have matched with their program.

I didn't get a call nor was I expecting one, but who really would admit it here if they received one?

Koko said:

If a PD were dumb enough and unethical enough to do so, I would be mortified to have matched with their program.
Why on earth do they find out a day before us?? There can't possibly be any "reason" for that, can there?

19 hours to go. Ughhh.

:wow:
:eek:
:scared:

:laugh:

I didnt know that, thanks

Koko said:

I don't think it's at all unethical. Who is harmed by letting your applicants know that they matched with you and that you're really looking forward to seeing them in June/July? After all, nothing can change at this point.

coldfeet said:
I don't think it's at all unethical. Who is harmed by letting your applicants know that they matched with you and that you're really looking forward to seeing them in June/July? After all, nothing can change at this point.

Seriously, i wouldnt have minded getting a call. It makes no sense at a all to talk about the unethicalness of it, lol.

My understanding is that it is a violation of the match to call today- so don't worry that you didnt get one.

It's a huge violation for a PD to leak this info. They absolutely will not unless they are a rookie and don't understand how seriously the NRMP takes this (taken directly from our PD's comments). No worries, best of luck tomorrow.

It is a violation you fools. In the Match participation Agreement it says that programs are to contact matched applicants after the general release of match data. I'm sure it happens somewher (there are many match violations every year), but there is also no reason for the PD to waste their time calling the people that they will see for 3+ years anyway.

Are these truly 4th years? Scary to think someone could reach this point and have no clue about the match or what is ethical.

Koko said:
Are these truly 4th years? Scary to think someone could reach this point and have no clue about the match or what is ethical.
I think it is mostly wishful thinking :laugh: .

Koko said:

You have to realize that the only reason it is unethical is b/c it is a stated rule by the NRMP. If they change this rule next year, it will no longer be unethical, which is kind of absurd. Do we all follow rules even though they are dumb, yes. Isnt the whole match process unethical? Shouldnt we at least be guaranteed living wages?
Just b/c everyone is excited to find out where they are going to end up doesnt mean they are all the sudden unethical, everyones just anxious, so chill.

Plastikos said:
You have to realize that the only reason it is unethical is b/c it is a stated rule by the NRMP. If they change this rule next year, it will no longer be unethical, which is kind of absurd. Do we all follow rules even though they are dumb, yes. Isnt the whole match process unethical? Shouldnt we at least be guaranteed living wages?
Just b/c everyone is excited to find out where they are going to end up doesnt mean they are all the sudden unethical, everyones just anxious, so chill.

I agree... that koko sounds like a drama queen, btw.

I actually would NOT want a phone call today from a PD. I would prefer to experience Match Day just the way everybody has been envisioning it for the past several years of our lives... by opening an envelope in front of a hundred classmates and crying like a biotch (happy or sad).

mr.annoying said:
I actually would NOT want a phone call today from a PD. I would prefer to experience Match Day just the way everybody has been envisioning it for the past several years of our lives... by opening an envelope in front of a hundred classmates and crying like a biotch (happy or sad).

LOL.