Any point in sending in remaining secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhearter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still on the waiting boat. Wondering what you guys thought of my not-so-special case. I'm a Canadian, so i get "international" treatment, and i sent in my secondaries in November...

3.5gpa, 34mcat, with >10 on each section
lots of ec's, including starting up a toastmasters club in the university
lots of clinical exposure, including pain clinic CBT facilitating, trauma unit medical interpreting (translator), psych ward activities coordinator, ice cream volunteer, etc. etc.
lots of research exposure, worked for a huge vaccine company for co-op, doing my thesis with a top-notch neuro research facility, working on some pretty cutting edge stuff
took a lot to get where i am
gpa's a little lacking because i screwed over my second year but learnt a lot from the experience.

got the pre-secondary rejection letter from vanderbilt (obviously i guess,gpa) and indiana (no state connections), and post-secondary rejection from SUNY upstate (that was depressing, might have been my lateness)

still waiting on:

saint louis
loma linda
albany med coll
uni of maryland
case western
eastern virginia
mich state

should i bother sending in my secondary to the following?:

penn state
boston u

thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

no.. :( i think it's too late and will be a waste of money

there is absolutely no point in sending out those secondaries. honestly, most schools are done or close to being done interviewing at this point. and, the only interviews being offered out now are to very strong applicants that simply applied late.

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought all the deadlines had passed anyways

edit: 999