Any post-bac program for science people?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking into a few post-bac programs. Most of the program I looked at are for people who are coming back to college to take pre-med reqs. At this point I have already taken a lot of Bio and Chem courses, including all pre-med courses. The list of the classes I have taken would satisfy any of the med school admission requirements in the US. What do other pre-med do?

Members don't see this ad.

there are programs for people who have taken the science courses already. sometimes they are informal and are not formally called postbac programs. if i remember correctly, you live outside of the U.S., right? did you plan on doing a postbac in the U.S., or did you want to stay where you are right now?

peter

Hey make sure you find a program that will provide you with really good guidance. I was in the same position as you and when I found a post- bacc that was for former science majors I was thrilled. However, the program wasn't really organized and ended up working against me. So don't get caught in the same situiation as I did.

Did you ever consider getting a masters degree??

Good luck though in whatever you choose to do!!!

I hear that the Harvard extention program can be suited to whatever you need to take, even if you have done your pre-med requirements. I don't think you get a degree in this program.
I know the Goergetown Special Master's program is similar, and from what I remember, you take classes with georgetown med students. This is for a Masters in Physiology
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health has an MHS (Masters in Health Science) in biochemistry where most if not all the students are doing post-bac work towards med school admission.
I needed to improve my academic credentials in science areas, and I am getting my MPH in Microbial Disease Epidemiology at Yale.