Any previous med school applicants on here... please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faithope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to dental school this year and I know that there are some dental schools that dislike applicants who have previously applied to med school. Unfortunately I am one of those people. I have a real drive to become a dentist and I am finally living my dream instead of my parents dream.

I really really want this but I understand I am at a disadvantage here and would like to know if anyone can point out some schools that either totally disregard those applicants or those that are not to concerned.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually applied to dental and medical schools at the same time...and I ended up getting into both med and dental schools...so as long as you explain to them why you would really like to pursue dentistry and why you applied to med school, you should be fine. I hope this helps!

I applied to med school 7 years ago. Didn't get in. I would also like to know how that would impact my application.