Any prior MCAT Takers rely solely on AO for getting thier concepts down?

priyanka

Neuro-tic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Was this sufficient enough?

Any comments?

M

MSc44

priyanka said:
Was this sufficient enough?

Any comments?

i think it depends on what kind of learner you are, as i begin using EK i find that i have to read over it first and take notes then listen to AO to further enforce the concepts

Rafa

headbutts like zidane
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2006
the internets
dailywarnews.blogspot.com
Status
Pre-Medical
If you use AO, beware of the errors. There's a list of them in the EK forums at their site. I just finished removing the tracks containing errors from my iPod. I don't feel like adding to the challenge by "testing myself" to tell the good information from the bad.

OP
P

priyanka

Neuro-tic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Status
Medical Student
yea, I have the errate list.

But I guess I should rephrase my question to-

Is there stuff in the EK books that is NOT in the AO CDS, besides the 30 min inclass exams? In other words is the use of AO alone lacking?

I have the lecture books too, but I m just a better learner, when I listen to someone say it to me.

Flushingfinest

FlushingFinest85
10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
Flushing, NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
priyanka said:
yea, I have the errate list.

But I guess I should rephrase my question to-

Is there stuff in the EK books that is NOT in the AO CDS, besides the 30 min inclass exams? In other words is the use of AO alone lacking?

I have the lecture books too, but I m just a better learner, when I listen to someone say it to me.

Hey Priyanka if your better learner by listening to someone then i think you should try to get AO. what i do is... first do the lecture write some notes highlight etc. and then i would spend time on AO hopefully jordan or jon would make some concept easy to understand and it helps but i dont think so you should rely on AO their lecture books are much better. and i think everything thats on their lecture book is on AO as far as i know. I havent noticed anything that's not in AO with their books.

Thankss good luck priyanka

GymClassHero

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I have the EK books as well as AO, and for me it's been helpful to do more intense studying w/ the books, and then listen to AO while traveling or working out. Personally I wouldn't use AO as the only resource, but then again I'm much more of a visual learner, and AO seems to contain the same material as the books so far. Good heads up on the errors Rafa, I wasn't aware of them. When are you taking MCAT priyanka? Good Luck!