Any problems with e-mails from programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farrakh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering how many of you that have applied through ERAS this year have not heard from your programs? I applied to 29 programs and have heard from only 1 so far. I applied almost a month and a half ago. I'm using Hotmail as my e-mail provider and I disabled Junk Mail... I'm still very worried and I don't know if I should contact programs myself or not.

Well, thanks in advance..
Farrakh

Members don't see this ad.

how long have u had the junk mail disabled? it depends a lot also on which programs u applied to, where u graduated from and what ur scores were like.......i hope things clear up for u, i applied on sep 26 and got some interviews, i also use hotmail....peace

I think it depends on what specialty you are applying to. I am doing ob/gyn and I sent my application in at the end of august and have heard from 6 of 24 programs although my last letter of rec was just turned in today so my application had not been complete at most schools. Friends also doing ob but in different geographical areas have heard about the same if not less. My friends in peds however have heard from at least 7 programs each. Several have heard from more than that and these are students who could be considered weak applicants (i.e. board scores below 200 on 1 & 2, failed two preclinical classes, etc). If all of your letters of rec are turned in and your application is complete then maybe you should talk to people in your class who are doing the same specialty. If they are not hearing either then I wouldn't worry, but if they are getting interviews then perhaps you should start contacting programs. I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just sent my application in 6 days ago and I've gotten a few interview offers already. Of course, this is for medicine so it may be different.

It absolutely depends on what field you are applying.