Any programs expanding with July 2021 PGY2 spots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After college, I considered a PhD program, but when i saw how few post docs from one of the best institutions in world ended up in legitImage academic settings, including the smartest person I ever met- rivals scarbtj- that was a no go.

Not to derail this thread, but on a light-hearted note, scarbtj's rep travels far and wide. Have been at random dinners with rad oncs completely disconnected from SDN who have randomly brought him up. For you 80s kids, even had a Charlie Sheen Ferris Bueller moment a few weeks back. Word for Word: Doc: "Do you know who the smartest Rad Onc I've ever met in real life is?" Me: "If you say ScarbTJ...." Doc: "Oh, you know him?"

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Not to derail this thread, but on a light-hearted note, scarbtj's rep travels far and wide. Have been at random dinners with rad oncs completely disconnected from SDN who have randomly brought him up. For you 80s kids, even had a Charlie Sheen Ferris Bueller moment a few weeks back. Word for Word: Doc: "Do you know who the smartest Rad Onc I've ever met in real life is?" Me: "If you say ScarbTJ...." Doc: "Oh, you know him?"

The argument he and KHE88 had about "what is IMRT" could be published in the Red Journal (well, maybe a journal of higher quality would be more suitable).

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
We've got sportos, motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, and dickheads in rad onc. As the Sausage King, I'm friends with them all.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Never met scar in real life and I'm certainly new around the block, but at a future COVID-free ASTRO (or ABRO-ASM???) should I ever get the opportunity I would love to buy him a drink (or biryani) and thank him in person for his contributions to the discussions here. Certainly he has raised the bar in a lot of aspects with some quite thoughtful discourse.

We wanted to have an SDN meet-up at ASTRO this year, but of course that was cancelled with the in-person meeting. Maybe next year.
I guess Zoom happy hour doesn’t have the same cachet haha. Maybe next year indeed

@scarbrtj and @Neuronix discussing salient issues (Photo Credit: Miami, 2020, alternate timeline)

SDN Secret Outfit.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I like how you renamed the image to SDN Secret Outfit.jpg :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had to reverse image search it. Got a show that's the "R-rated version of Harry Potter"

I am nowhere near that exciting. The scarb though... One wonders...

The meetup was actually another SDNers idea. I'll let them take credit if they like.

I was thinking about wearing a big red MAKE RAD ONC GREAT AGAIN hat. Maybe another year...

Reactions: 1 user
I like how you renamed the image to SDN Secret Outfit.jpg :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had to reverse image search it. Got a show that's the "R-rated version of Harry Potter"

I am nowhere near that exciting. The scarb though... One wonders...

The meetup was actually another SDNers idea. I'll let them take credit if they like.

I was thinking about wearing a big red MAKE RAD ONC GREAT AGAIN hat. Maybe another year...

Scrub meta-data, rename image...standard paranoid SDNer technique!

(my VPN is turned off for posting right now though...or is it?)

Begin looking for your masks. Think like bachus/carnaval/horned animal pagan god , devil worship blood sacrifice mask. I suggest you watch “secret societies” on netflix or “true detective” season 1 for inspiration

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Instead of planks - we use the new Gunderson

Dealer's choice - Gunderson and Tepper, or Perez and Brady. I'm sure there's some other large textbooks that could be substituted as well. I think we all have mostly unused copies of hall/khan laying around if we don't want to self-concuss as many folks.