Any protestant white male pre-meds out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiz knot

Legendary Dr. X
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else finds these threads annoying?

Members don't see this ad.

If you do, then why are you propagating this BS?

To draw more attention to the stupidity of these types of threads. I find it somewhat unfortunate that people feel such a strong urge to seek out others "just like them." (Often) these are the same cliquey types who will only hang out with those of the same ethnic background, eliminating the benefits of a diverse atmosphere. I am not saying that you shouldn't be proud of your heritage, but are people looking for assurance that desis, pakis, black females, hicks, whatever... are making it into medical school? These people aren't even searching for people going to the same school as them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Skiz, you are so annoying. Just the fact that you feel the need to comment indicates some sort of insecurity. Do you feel left out? Do you lack any sort of internal self-identification? These threads were started as parody posts and just got a life of their own. If you were observant, you would have seen that. :rolleyes:

Fight, fight, fight, fight!!

:laugh:

Sorry, I"m catholic, but nonetheless a persecuted white male. :laugh: :rolleyes:

Does this thread have a purpose? When you see threads that are about rallying My URM's or Any African American Premed ladies out there they have a purpose. If we make up less than 15% of medical school classes we are discussing how we can help each other excel and succeed. There are factors and deliberate adversity that we face that a PROTESTANT WHITE MALE does not have to. So if you think we start these threads because we click only with people just like us, you must be one of those people who sit and stare at us and wonder why THOSE PEOPLE are clicking amongst themselves. This is garbage, and if there is a double standard to bad, we were given this damn world we didn't make it. we are the ones still facing adversity, if you want to trade places and face the struggle be my guest. Hope you can handle it.

What the heck is a desi, anyway? Feel free to PM me...I doubt I'll be checking back on this thread.

Is this whole "White Male Protestant" an east coast thing?....I've been around for 25+ years but I am not sure I have ever met a White Male Protestant. There aren't many protestants in Eugene, OR.

I understand the cultural tendencies that the term is trying to highlight. The term just conjures up images of fancy private school boys from Dead Poet's Society, a group that I imagine is very small in number?

skiz knot said:
To draw more attention to the stupidity of these types of threads. I find it somewhat unfortunate that people feel such a strong urge to seek out others "just like them." (Often) these are the same cliquey types who will only hang out with those of the same ethnic background, eliminating the benefits of a diverse atmosphere. I am not saying that you shouldn't be proud of your heritage, but are people looking for assurance that desis, pakis, black females, hicks, whatever... are making it into medical school? These people aren't even searching for people going to the same school as them!

You f***** d*****. Do you realize that all these ethnic groups are a minority. I am a desi i.e. South Asian. You and your pathetic thread, why don't you simply stop by a church and ask some of the sweethearts what they think about our culture. I took a Religions class and almost was crucified for being a Hindu.I fought back though :laugh: this is the kind of mentality of conservative Chrisitian America that I find repulsive. Why don't you take interest in other cultures. As a minority, we always do and sometimes get rebuked. I am no pacifist. I'd love to fight. :smuggrin:

More importantly, it feels great that there is someone out there I can relate to as I live in Kentucky

verbalassasin said:
we were given this damn world we didn't make it.

"and don't blame me- i was given this world, I didn't make it." -2pac

If I were trying to start a thread looking for "my peeps" - I'd start the thread - "Any Goth alcoholic pre-meds queens out there?". :oops:

verbalassasin said:
we are discussing how we can help each other excel and succeed.

B.S. These threads almost always start out social in nature, and end up on some tangent completely unrelated to medical school. Therefore they shouldn't be (IMO) on this board.

Premedtomed said:
I took a Religions class and almost was crucified for being a Hindu.I fought back though :laugh: this is the kind of mentality of conservative Chrisitian America that I find repulsive. Why don't you take interest in other cultures. As a minority, we always do and sometimes get rebuked. I am no pacifist. I'd love to fight. :smuggrin:

I absolutely LOVE Indian culture (especially foood and clothes) and studied it along with Hinduism in the deep south as an undergrad. All I can say is what an expereince that was! Good luck living in Kentucky!

I actually find the cultural specific threads informative! However, most minorities already have TONS of info about white male protestants or can easily find it in ANY US history book.

Brickhouse said:
If I were trying to start a thread looking for "my peeps" - I'd start the thread - "Any Goth alcoholic pre-meds queens out there?". :oops:

That's not fair!! I was shot down for starting a thread for former beauty/scholarship pageant participants! :mad: :laugh: Speaking of that , someone PM'ed me and I wonder how she did? :confused:

pathdr2b said:
I absolutely LOVE Indian culture (especially foood and clothes) and studied it along with Hinduism in the deep south as an undergrad. All I can say is what an expereince that was! Good luck living in Kentucky!

I actually find the cultural specific threads informative! However, most minorities already have TONS of info about white male protestants or can easily find it in ANY US history book.

Thanks glad to find someone should I say "cosmopolitan" enough.
It is rough in here. It's as if I am talking to a wall when I try to explain both the positive and negative aspects. :(
Oh well, I will go somewhere else for Medical School.

Premedtomed said:
Thanks glad to find someone should I say "cosmopolitan" enough.
It is rough in here. It's as if I am talking to a wall when I try to explain both the positive and negative aspects. :(
Oh well, I will go somewhere else for Medical School.

Yes VERY cosmopolitan! 2 of my close friends are from India, as is my Internist!

Most definitely leave Kentucky. As a matter of fact, you should have left yesterday! :laugh:

Yellow Snow said:
Is this whole "White Male Protestant" an east coast thing?....I've been around for 25+ years but I am not sure I have ever met a White Male Protestant. There aren't many protestants in Eugene, OR.

I understand the cultural tendencies that the term is trying to highlight. The term just conjures up images of fancy private school boys from Dead Poet's Society, a group that I imagine is very small in number?

Not many protestants but tons and tons of smelly protestors.

Side note: This thread is ******ed.

Side note again: Brickhouse is gothic..haha BRICKHOUSE! come over here and we'll listen to Switchblade Symphony and enjoy our own dark misery

indo said:
Side note again: Brickhouse is gothic..haha BRICKHOUSE! come over here and we'll listen to Switchblade Symphony and enjoy our own dark misery

Yeah this thread is ******ed -

That sounds like a great idea, and I'd probably love it - but I'm not saying I'm a gothic queen (i.e. gay man) - I'm saying they're my type of people - which is pathetic, because I'm a nondescript white girl - I just happen to relate to gay men who listen to the Pixies and wear black eyeliner better than other subcultures - which is also probably why I'm still single. If I had to do high school over again, I woulda done it goth. :thumbup:

Brickhouse said:
Yeah this thread is ******ed -

That sounds like a great idea, and I'd probably love it - but I'm not saying I'm a gothic queen (i.e. gay man) - I'm saying they're my type of people - which is pathetic, because I'm a nondescript white girl - I just happen to relate to gay men who listen to the Pixies and wear black eyeliner better than other subcultures - which is also probably why I'm still single. If I had to do high school over again, I woulda done it goth. :thumbup:

listen to the Pixies and wear black eyeliner.....sounds like your man brad pitt! :laugh: