Any public DO schools that dont accept OOS Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

titleist975j

Rusty Shackleford
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any DO schools that dont accept out of state students?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think are any that don't take OOS students at all, but some are much more biased. I think OSU is a public that takes a ton of IS. OU as well but I think it is because OOS people don't want to sign a 5 year practice in ohio contract. MSU also because their OOS tuition $80k/year. Many private ones are also regionally biased.

i don't think are any that don't take OOS students at all, but some are much more biased. I think OSU is a public that takes a ton of IS. OU as well but I think it is because OOS people don't want to sign a 5 year practice in ohio contract. MSU also because their OOS tuition $80k/year. Many private ones are also regionally biased.

5 year practice in ohio contract? can you please tell me more about this. im trying to find it on their website. do you know of any other DO schools that require such contracts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that I know of. Basically, as an OOS student, they require that you sign a 5 year contract that you will practice in ohio. that's basically it. I don't know the details because when I found out about it I said, "screw that crap" and withdrew my app.

yea i feel the same way. thanks for the heads up

i don't think are any that don't take OOS students at all, but some are much more biased.
Many private ones are also regionally biased.

OSU wont even start to evaluate your at your application if you are OSS student until mid December.
Some private schools will only take students from certain states (Pacific Northwest Univerrsity)
I am not sure but I think University of North Texas does not take any OSS students

Last edited:
Adding to the list of those regionally biased schools,

UNE, VCOM, and UMDNJ.

I am not sure but I think University of North Texas does not take any OSS students

Actually UNTHSC/TCOM can accept up to 10% OOS. It's the same quota as the other TMDSAS schools.

Is there a comprehensive list of schools (public or private) that applicants shouldn't bother applying to if they aren't from that state/region?