FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i don't think are any that don't take OOS students at all, but some are much more biased. I think OSU is a public that takes a ton of IS. OU as well but I think it is because OOS people don't want to sign a 5 year practice in ohio contract. MSU also because their OOS tuition $80k/year. Many private ones are also regionally biased.

OP
titleist975j

titleist975j

Rusty Shackleford
Mar 16, 2012
Status
i don't think are any that don't take OOS students at all, but some are much more biased. I think OSU is a public that takes a ton of IS. OU as well but I think it is because OOS people don't want to sign a 5 year practice in ohio contract. MSU also because their OOS tuition $80k/year. Many private ones are also regionally biased.
5 year practice in ohio contract? can you please tell me more about this. im trying to find it on their website. do you know of any other DO schools that require such contracts?

FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Not that I know of. Basically, as an OOS student, they require that you sign a 5 year contract that you will practice in ohio. that's basically it. I don't know the details because when I found out about it I said, "screw that crap" and withdrew my app.

Oct 1, 2011
Status
Medical Student
i don't think are any that don't take OOS students at all, but some are much more biased.
Many private ones are also regionally biased.
OSU wont even start to evaluate your at your application if you are OSS student until mid December.
Some private schools will only take students from certain states (Pacific Northwest Univerrsity)
I am not sure but I think University of North Texas does not take any OSS students

Last edited:

LUCPM

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Adding to the list of those regionally biased schools,

UNE, VCOM, and UMDNJ.

virtuoso735

7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2011
California
Status
Medical Student
Is there a comprehensive list of schools (public or private) that applicants shouldn't bother applying to if they aren't from that state/region?