Any receive an email from Harvard?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mdhopeful, Jul 18, 2001.

1. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member

I read on a previous thread that someone had, but I can't find the thread anymore. If so, please post the email b/c I have not received it. Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

I also listed them and haven't received anything . . . would be interested to know if anyone has, though . . .I missed the previous thread you refer to. Let me know if you find it.

4. emdeetwobee

emdeetwobee Member

I got the email from Harvard last week. They thanked me for my interest in Harvard, and that they will send a secondary to me as soon as AMCAS fix the glitches. Then they said to check my email for more updates. I want to post it but unfortunately I deleted them, including the one from UPenn (I accidentally deleted them along with all the junk mail). Also, I got one from AMCAS regarding the "medical school designation" glitches. These are the schools that have been mysteriously erased:
    Loma Linda,Georgetown University, Washington University, Boston University, Tufts University School of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine

Hey, everything is hectic here, I never got a response from my thread about PSU (I sent it anyway).

5. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member

are you sure it was from Harvard? I have not received it. anyone else receive it? please post. thanks. good luck.

6. moo

moo 1K Member

I have not gotten anything from Harvard. However, I did receive a brochure in the mail from Penn today, but it is my understanding that they screen anyway, so it's not of much use.

7. NY Doctor

NY Doctor Junior Member

I applied last year...Most schools (70%) I applied had post cards included with the secondaries..Some had 2, one for receiving your secondary and another confirming your file was complete (recomendations, $$, 2ndary, etc)

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

so, emdeetwobe, will you confirm for us that it was actually from harvard, so that we all become uselessly upset?

9. emdeetwobee

emdeetwobee Member

Some guy named Jason on behalf of the office of admissions at Harvard sent me the mail. At any rate, this shouldn't be any cause for concern, since I don't think Harvard has sent out any secondaries yet (I have nothing from them). That's good for me, I need time saving up. In the meantime, I'll try to contact Harvard's admission office to see if this is true.

10. neecie

neecie Member

here's the message from harvard. basically, they're telling us all to wait. hope it helps!

--
    Thank you for your interest in Harvard Medical School. Until we receive
    your AMCAS information, you are not considered an applicant to HMS,
    therefore there is nothing that can be done to expedite the process at this
    time.

Sincerely,
    Jason Graff

25 Shattuck Street, Gordon Hall 210
    Boston, MA 02115
    phone: (617) 432-1550
    fax: (617) 432-3307
    e-mail: [email protected] (Admissions Office HMS)