Any recent STEP 1 test takers with advice on what pharm to study?

ijn

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 8, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I haven't taken the STEP 1 yet, but based on the pharmacology NBME almost everything was either in First Aid or the Kaplan videos.

lrkoehle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Status
Medical Student
Best approach that I've found is to just know everything, all the time, always. Do that and you're golden. More seriously though, I have heard that FA and UW basically covers everything you need to know. Some of the posts from recent test takers have said the drugs they didn't recognize were just distractor answer choices anyways (i.e. not the correct choice).

Gunneria

Removed
Sep 26, 2010
Status
Watch Kaplan videos with Dr. Raymond (the best pharm vids) at 1.5x with the corresponding section in FA...he TEACHES and you learn actively instead of passively absorbing from FA

Gunneria

Removed
Sep 26, 2010
Status
thats a bad question, know ALL the drugs lol...emphasis of a given subject varies year by year so why hedge your bets, a better question would be what UPDATED pharm should i need to know than what specific drugs i need to know and in that case look at the FA errata or updates

MrBeauregard

Soon-to-be PGY-1
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Watch Kaplan videos with Dr. Raymond (the best pharm vids) at 1.5x with the corresponding section in FA...he TEACHES and you learn actively instead of passively absorbing from FA
Aren't you still a MS-1?