Any recent STEP 1 test takers with advice on what pharm to study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

windog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice on what drugs to study??

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken the STEP 1 yet, but based on the pharmacology NBME almost everything was either in First Aid or the Kaplan videos.

Best approach that I've found is to just know everything, all the time, always. Do that and you're golden. More seriously though, I have heard that FA and UW basically covers everything you need to know. Some of the posts from recent test takers have said the drugs they didn't recognize were just distractor answer choices anyways (i.e. not the correct choice).

Watch Kaplan videos with Dr. Raymond (the best pharm vids) at 1.5x with the corresponding section in FA...he TEACHES and you learn actively instead of passively absorbing from FA

Members don't see this ad :)
thats a bad question, know ALL the drugs lol...emphasis of a given subject varies year by year so why hedge your bets, a better question would be what UPDATED pharm should i need to know than what specific drugs i need to know and in that case look at the FA errata or updates