Any recent U. Wisconsin info?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ol'DocToxic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interview on Fri and was wondering if anyone has any more recent info than what has been posted on SDN, which has been almost nothing lately. Class full? Are people going on the waitlist? How long between interview and acceptance/rejection/waitlist these days?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on November 12, and I received a waitlist notification about 2 weeks after I interviewed. Another 2 weeks later I was accepted off of the waitlist. I'm not sure if it goes any faster or slower later in the period, but that's a general idea of how mine went. Seems odd I was taken off the waitlist so quickly. Not complaining, though!

Good luck at your interview! Everybody was very friendly.
--mdb

Agent Splat said:
I interviewed on November 12, and I received a waitlist notification about 2 weeks after I interviewed. Another 2 weeks later I was accepted off of the waitlist. I'm not sure if it goes any faster or slower later in the period, but that's a general idea of how mine went. Seems odd I was taken off the waitlist so quickly. Not complaining, though!

Good luck at your interview! Everybody was very friendly.
--mdb
mdb, have you made your decision? Is it Wisconsin?

Members don't see this ad :)
liverotcod said:
mdb, have you made your decision? Is it Wisconsin?

Not yet. I'm still leaning 85% towards MCW and I'm fairly sure that's where I'll go, but something is holding me back just yet. Not ready to commit to one or the other. I plan on knowing by April. I really liked the facilities at U of Wisc. Big, cushy chairs at UW vs. nasty little lecture hall desks at MCW makes a bit of a difference to me, as superficial as it seems.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try to update this after the intvw if I get any additional info.

Agent Splat said:
Not yet. I'm still leaning 85% towards MCW and I'm fairly sure that's where I'll go, but something is holding me back just yet. Not ready to commit to one or the other. I plan on knowing by April. I really liked the facilities at U of Wisc. Big, cushy chairs at UW vs. nasty little lecture hall desks at MCW makes a bit of a difference to me, as superficial as it seems.

I'm sort of in the same boat between UW and MCW...but why are you leaning towards MCW? Just curious. I've been accepted to MCW but I'm on the waitlist at UW and apparently "applicant's with my ranking get in."
And to answer this threads question I've been on the waitlist since early november and haven't heard back but I got that letter about 6 weeks after the interview.

dbutz02 said:
I'm sort of in the same boat between UW and MCW...but why are you leaning towards MCW? Just curious. I've been accepted to MCW but I'm on the waitlist at UW and apparently "applicant's with my ranking get in."
And to answer this threads question I've been on the waitlist since early november and haven't heard back but I got that letter about 6 weeks after the interview.

I'm more interested in emergency medicine, and I know that you can do a residency anywhere, but I think I'd prefer to have the chance to do my residency at the same place where I do my M1-M4, since UWisc doesn't have an emergency residency program (yet, anyway). Plus, since traumatic injury is my thing, I hope I can get involved with their firearm and traumatic injury research centers.

The fact that I'd be living in a quieter neighborhood is also important to me.

All the other stuff, i.e. UWisc being more competitive and cutthroat, etc. may be true, but I'd have to experience that for myself to be sure.

i was in the first regular decision interview at UW and got put on the waitlist pretty fast and haven't heard anything since....

on another note, i interview at the UW emergency dept and the word is that they are working to get an EM residency. not sure what the timeline is, but i figure by the time we graduate it could be happening...

brats800 said:
i was in the first regular decision interview at UW and got put on the waitlist pretty fast and haven't heard anything since....

on another note, i interview at the UW emergency dept and the word is that they are working to get an EM residency. not sure what the timeline is, but i figure by the time we graduate it could be happening...

I think they said 2007 at the earliest.

The neat thing about EM residency at MCW/Froedtert is that residents take shifts on the Flight for Life helicopter.

I am not sure what i want to do either. I am really leaning towards UW, since I did my undergrad here and tuition is cheaper, but MCOW is more relaxed. Don't know what to do :confused:

GOBUCKY!