alibai3ah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone have any recommendations for books that are purely practice (no material) with mainly passage based questions like the BR books? I have the BR books, but was looking for more passage based practice....I ordered EK 1001 questions only to find out that they are not passage based. So if anyone has anything, please let me know

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2006
Status
Medical Student
TPR Science workshop book has countless passage-based problems for all the sciences and is a good book to practice your skills. I think the book is only for TPR students taking the class, however, I am sure you could find a friend or study buddy who will be willing to share the book with you.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I can't think of any easily obtainable (i.e. non-course books) books that focus primarily on practice passages. I think your best bet would be to pick up more practice FLs. You could also sign up for Kaplan's Q-bank, but if I remember correctly, it was horribly over priced. Something like $1000 for access to around 1000 questions. Your money would be better spent on practice FLs than the Q-bank. For instance, you can get 7 FLs from Berkeley Review for $200 ((52+40+52)x7=1008 questions). I believe sells Gold Standard has 10 CBTs.

txprodigal

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2008
Status
TPR Science workshop book has countless passage-based problems for all the sciences and is a good book to practice your skills. I think the book is only for TPR students taking the class, however, I am sure you could find a friend or study buddy who will be willing to share the book with you.
try craigslist

About the Ads