Any rejections from Stony Brook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Bear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a REJECTION from Stony Brook? I haven't been rejected, nor waitlisted, nor accepted and I interviewed in early September. Just wondering where everyone else sits with SB?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard a word since my interview either...the only thing I've heard is that most who get accepted end up going because it's such a bargain, I don't know if that's really true, but it makes sense. With such a small class and having not heard anything, I kinda lost hope...but I could easily be wrong. Good luck!

I don't want to lose hope, but I know what you mean, you begin to lose hope around this time..(even though it's not really that late) I've heard that some people get accepted as late as May/June from SB. Try to be positive... Did your interview go well???

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, my interview went okay, I've had better and worse. I sent in my deposit to Pitt and decided to go there, especially since I live like 5 minutes from SB...I think I want to go somewhere slightly further from home. I'm sure you'll hear soon from your other schools too, as soon as the second round of acceptances go out! :) Where on the Island are you from? If you're from Suffolk County, what high school did you go to? Wouldn't it be funny if we knew each other through six degrees of separation? Goood luck in the waiting game and in checking the mail! :)

Hi
Just stay positive you guys! If you are not rejected, or waitlisted, then you have a much better chance of getting an offer for acceptance. The second wave of acceptance is coming up really soon (2 more days).

P.S I am not going for SB, but i wish you guys the best and stay positive.

Dr. Bear ur soooooooo nuts over stony lol. but i feel ya. they said rejections wont be mailed out until february/March.

Dr.Smiley-OR said:
Hi
Just stay positive you guys! If you are not rejected, or waitlisted, then you have a much better chance of getting an offer for acceptance. The second wave of acceptance is coming up really soon (2 more days).

P.S I am not going for SB, but i wish you guys the best and stay positive.
what do you mean by the second wave is coming in two days. i had my interview in the first week of jan. ami included in this second wave. :confused:

I've heard that they don't exactly send out in "waves" and that they are the true meaning of "rolling admission" literally any day from now until June!
Let's all keep each other updated.

I live about 25 minutes from SB....Where did you go to high school? That would be funny if we knew each other.... Private Message me or e mailme at [email protected]

MUCH LUCK ALL :luck: