Any Rejections from UCSF After Primary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by amonkeybutt, Nov 2, 2001.

1. amonkeybutt

amonkeybutt Senior Member

i haven't heard anything from them and am wondering if i should call. i really don't want to if the news may be bad. anyone else still waiting who submitted in august or september?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rondo

rondo Member

i'm waiting for them too and it's driving me nuts!

i called and the woman just said that it takes time to review the applications and i said "two months? for a secondary?" and she said that it wasn't a long time. okay.

i'm waiting for uc irvine also, but they werent' very nice on the phone. i hate that!

4. none

none 1K Member

Whoa! This is NOT a normal year! Expect long, long delays and those May/March admission deadlines to be extended by a lot. Patience...is a virtue. Of course, if you want to bother the schools into rejecting you, please go right ahead! :)

5. rondo

rondo Member

hey, play nice!

we all know this is a weird year but you also know we are under the pressure of rolling admissions.

besides, isn't it a little too easy to preach patience when you have your secondaries in hand?

6. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    I submitted my UC app to them 8/22 and was rejected last week, so you may hear from them soon.

7. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member

It takes a couple of months for a secondary (or review for a secondary) in a lot of cases because your application goes thru a couple of reviews before secondaries are sent. So, two months is very normal. Don't stress unless it's been more like 3.5-4 months. It took UCSF almost 3 months to get back to me after I interviewed! Take care and good luck,

Becky

8. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member

Pharmacist
    Hey BeckyG! In which month did you interview? I'm curious to know when you received your acceptance. Thanks.

9. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member

Hi triangulation,

I am at UCSF now as an MS-1. I interviewed in October last year and heard from UCSF in January. The earliest anyone will hear from UCSF this year is Dec 15th - acceptances are sent out (in previous years, anyway) on the 15th of each month from Dec to April. Hope that helps. Feel free to email if you have any questions,

Becky